Have I had botulism?

After 3 days of horrible stomach pain and sickness, which I thought was a virus, someone has ssaid I must have had bottelism from eating tuna from a can with a dent in it? Isn't bottleism what they use in botox to freeze out wrinkles?!!! Has anyone else ever had this?

After 3 days of horrible stomach pain and sickness, which I thought was a virus, someone has ssaid I must have had bottelism from eating tuna from a can with a dent in it? Isn't bottleism what they use in botox to freeze out wrinkles?!!! Has anyone else ever had this?

If you had botchulism you really need to see a doctor.

Its is the stuff they use in Botox, but it is also a severe food poisoning bacteria.

Its best to get checked out anyway but to be fair it probably was a virus, the chances of getting botchlism from a dented can are quite rare.

There are three types of Botulism. The food type comes with eating contaminated food, and if your condition gets no better see a doctor.

Bottleism is disgusting - why should bottles be discriminated against just because they're made of glass? Live and let live, I say - I'm always happy to welcome bottles into my house - especially those containing beer.

If you had botchulism you really need to see a doctor.

Its is the stuff they use in Botox, but it is also a severe food poisoning bacteria.

Its best to get checked out anyway but to be fair it probably was a virus, the chances of getting botchlism from a dented can are quite rare.

It's getting better now so I'm not going to a doctor but it was much worse than any other food poisoning/virus type thjing I've ever had so I think it might have been bottleism. So take this as a warning NEVER to eat from dented cans.

It's getting better now so I'm not going to a doctor but it was much worse than any other food poisoning/virus type thjing I've ever had so I think it might have been bottleism. So take this as a warning NEVER to eat from dented cans.

And also tuna can be dodgy as well, if its fished in contaminated waters.Put the two together tuna & a dented tin, and its no wonder you were ill.

I frequently eat from dented cans and it's never done me any harm. Think about it, why would it - if the can is still airtight there isn't a problem.

Bottleism. Mmmm. Have you asked a medical professional about that?

Bottleism is disgusting - why should bottles be discriminated against just because they're made of glass? Live and let live, I say - I'm always happy to welcome bottles into my house - especially those containing beer.

You should start the Bottle appreciation society :thumbsup:

I frequently eat from dented cans and it's never done me any harm.

All together now: OH YES IT HAS! :hihi:

I frequently eat from dented cans and it's never done me any harm. Think about it, why would it - if the can is still airtight there isn't a problem.

Bottleism. Mmmm. Have you asked a medical professional about that?

Just because it hasn't done you any harm before doesn't mean you should be complacent! I'd eaten from dented cans dozans of times before this and it never did me any harm...UNTIL NOW! Bottleism is horrible and it's not worth taking a risk eating from dented cans. Just chuck them in the bin, the risk may be small be it's not worth it.

Commen symptons of bottleism(sic):

Common symptoms of either form usually include dry mouth difficulty swallowing, slurred speech, drooping eyelids, muscle weakness, double and/or blurred vision, vomiting, and sometimes diarrhea. These symptoms may progress to cause paralytic ileus with severe constipation, and eventually body paralysis. The respiratory muscles are affected as well, which may cause death due to respiratory failure. These are all symptoms of the muscle paralysis caused by the bacterial toxin.

Sounds like you have plain and simple food poisioning.

Just because it hasn't done you any harm before doesn't mean you should be complacent! I'd eaten from dented cans dozans of times before this and it never did me any harm...UNTIL NOW! Bottleism is horrible and it's not worth taking a risk eating from dented cans. Just chuck them in the bin, the risk may be small be it's not worth it.

Mixwicks, sorry you were poorly and all, but I can't help but find the pedant in me rising here - have I any reason at all to be worried about dented cans other than your say-so?

If dented cans carried any real risk would our supermarkets be so keen to sell them to us at slightly reduced prices?