Oohhff ya!! That hurt - Painful accidents

I've had loads of these. Many "minor" ones when I was youg (nails through hand/foot, glass in foot, falling down cliff faces/out of trees).

Through to recent "mis-adventures" such as falling down stairs, caused by me standing on a cooker (we were storing in a spare room) in order to get in to the loft - yeah, I know:rolleyes: - the cooker followed me down the stairs. The end result was me laying on the floor, for about twenty minutes, before I decided I was still intact:D.

I've also (faily recently) almost sawn my left index finger off whilst cutting some old guttering up. That hurt a bit (it's not the cleanest of cuts):D. Which reminded me just how crap I was at woodwork in school (all I could make was sawdust):hihi:

Last year (against all laws of common sense and everything I had been taught during my apprenticeship and school) I took the radiator cap off the car after driving for almost an hour:loopy: (and not in a "careful manner", oh no). Feeling the skin on your face melting (ala end of Robocop) is quite a strange feeling:). Hysterical women do not help in situations like this:hihi:.The pain during the next eight hours was unlike anything I have experienced.

I have become quite an expert in makeshift plasters (usually involving toilet roll and seleotape):hihi:

Just remembered another one... Me and a friend were "sword fighting", only we were using the (then new to the market) "Kitchen Devil" knives, which resulted in me having an inch long scar on the palm of my hand:D You'd think we would've known better at 16:hihi:

Oh... Another one that really hurt, was an electric shock, from an arc welder. That one threw me across the garage, smacking my back and head into the opposite wall.

Remember those staple guns they used in schools to staple paperwork to the walls? I was putting stuff up at the back of the English class when I was in my teens. Managed to staple the fleshy bit between the base of my thumb and my wrist to the wall. Then calmly called the teacher across so he could free me!

I remember when I was about 10 or something, my younger brother and I were playing "frogs", crouching down then jumping up shouting, "Ribbet!". My brother jumped up and collided with the underside of my chin, driving one of my front top teeth into the front of my lower lip. Claret everywhere. Still got the scar.

When I was about 18 months old, I fell walking up the backsteps and cracked my chin open. Apparently my mum knew it was serious cos I didn't make a sound. Golden rule of child care, if they're screaming their heads off, they're okay. No matter how many cold tea towels she clamped to my chin, the blood kept flowing. With my dad being at work, she got a neighbour to drive us to Winchester Hospital where I had five nurses holding me down whilst stitching my chin closed. Was terrified of needles, pins and scissors for years afterwards, but never knew why til my mum told me where the scar on my chin came from! Not squeamish since I had hypnotherapy.

Oh..and when I was in my early 20's, I was cow kicked by a pony and my left kneecap felt like it shot round to the outside of my knee and back again.

The pain was so bad, I couldn't breathe, couldn't move, and couldn't make a sound. There were tears pouring down my face, but it was several seconds before I got my breath back and gingerly hopped to the side of the barn.

All the sympathy I got from the owner was a telling off.."Now THAT's when you're supposed to smack her!"

My knee's always given me trouble ever since, especially when it got cold or wet whilst riding my motorbikes!

My flatmate once told me about a pretty horrific injury sustained by a friend of his in a school rugby match. He fell and broke his hip and got one of his testicles trapped between the shards of bone. He screamed so loud that he tore some of his vocal cords. I can't even begin to imagine how painful that must have been.

I sympathise with men..

I borrowed my mate's mountain bike once when I was in my early 20's. I recall it was a Muddy Fox (cool logo).

I thought I'd be clever and ride it up the kerb. The front wheel I managed to get on okay, but the back wheel didn't follow and I suddenly found myself no longer standing on the pedals looking cool, but flying forwards and cracking my pubic bone on the handle bars where they join the frame.

As a woman, I believe I now have an idea how men feel when they hurt themselves. I literally saw coloured stars, everything looked black in the background, I couldn't breathe, I felt as if my stomach was sinking through the pavement, and I had an intense pain between my legs. I even felt like my brain shut down! It took several minutes before I could move, and hoped that I hadn't lost too much street cred in the process!

Ahh yes, and a couple of years ago while holiday in Greece with a few friends of mine I decided to do some cooking without a t-shirt on. I was heating up vegetable oil in a pan and ended up splashing it all over my chest and stomach when I poured in a load of chopped onion. My entire abdomen was bright red and blistered, and I sincerely thought that I would be scarred for life. Luckily it all healed well and you can barely tell. Nonetheless, it still hurt like a mofo.