Anyone Come From Shirecliffe

hi john dave stewart here bet you still had the talisman twin great , memories hope you are ok:

Great to hear from you DAVE. Stopped riding bikes 2 years ago. One was a Harley 883 and the other a Yamaha XVS 1350. Fancying a BMW Boxer next. What are you riding now?

Wherabouts you living DAVE? I'm over at Penistone, saw Mel about 6 years ago, not seen him since. Not heard or seen any of others.

---------- Post added 22-03-2014 at 20:21 ----------

G'day John, my name is Trevor Powell, I lived on Boynton Rd, up around the corner from you.

---------- Post added 19-02-2014 at 21:20 ----------[/

Great to hear from you Trevor. Stopped riding bikes 2 years ago. One was a Harley 883 and the other a Yamaha XVS 1350. Fancying a BMW Boxer next. What are you riding now?

When did you go to OZ? After seeing Croc Dundee LOL. I'm over at Penistone, saw Mel about 6 years ago at Terry Bedell's house, not seen him since. Not heard or seen any of others.

Gday John, I haven't had a bike for over 20 years now, I left Sheffield with my wife and two children in 1970, mainly because of the weather etc, I visited my old haunts when I visited Sheffield in 92, that convinced me that I had made the right decision coming to Oz when we did, needless to say that I have no plans of returning again anytime soon.

We live in the countryside, and only 10 minutes from the coast, so enjoying every minute of my retirement.

Great to hear from you DAVE. Stopped riding bikes 2 years ago. One was a Harley 883 and the other a Yamaha XVS 1350. Fancying a BMW Boxer next. What are you riding now?

Wherabouts you living DAVE? I'm over at Penistone, saw Mel about 6 years ago, not seen him since. Not heard or seen any of others.

Hey up Creeky,ime still alive and kicking and still riding my big Harley and a BMW.how are you still got the fancy dress place?Daves moved now and lives up Moorgate Rotherham i must go and see him.Can you Remember when we went to Cadwell in 1958,well Tommy is dead now a few weeks ago,I went to his funeral at Grenoside.I will PM you with my telephone number Mel.

---------- Post added 22-03-2014 at 20:21 ----------

G'day John, my name is Trevor Powell, I lived on Boynton Rd, up around the corner from you.

---------- Post added 19-02-2014 at 21:20 ----------[/

Great to hear from you Trevor. Stopped riding bikes 2 years ago. One was a Harley 883 and the other a Yamaha XVS 1350. Fancying a BMW Boxer next. What are you riding now?

When did you go to OZ? After seeing Croc Dundee LOL. I'm over at Penistone, saw Mel about 6 years ago at Terry Bedell's house, not seen him since. Not heard or seen any of others.

Edited by nikki-red

Gday John, I haven't had a bike for over 20 years now, I left Sheffield with my wife and two children in 1970, mainly because of the weather etc, I visited my old haunts when I visited Sheffield in 92, that convinced me that I had made the right decision coming to Oz when we did, needless to say that I have no plans of returning again anytime soon.

We live in the countryside, and only 10 minutes from the coast, so enjoying every minute of my retirement.

Hi Trevor. Wise choice moving to Oz, wish I'd done it, too late now though. Hindsight's a marvellous thing. This country's finished, Everyone can see it bar whoever's in power.

Spoke to Mel yesterday. Terry Bedell died on Monday, Going to funeral next Monday with Mel and Dave Stewart. We'll no doubt be catching up on old times afterwards.

I Have Lived On Shirecliffe All My Life Does Anyone Else Come From The Area ?

My dad lived there years ago, he was one of the 13 not sure what road it was tho

Hi Trevor. Spoke to Mel yesterday. Terry Bedell died on Monday, Going to funeral next Monday with Mel and Dave Stewart. We'll no doubt be catching up on old times afterwards.

Gday John, Mel messaged me the other night about that, make the best of every day mate, because we never know what's around the corner when we get to be wrinklies, ha ha.

To the people of shirecliffe who might have known Tommy lockwood as sadly died in his sleep on 02-05-06 R.I.P. Tom.

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 18:30 ----------

sorry wrong date it was 02-05-2014.

did anyone know Thomas worth from shirecliffe road died 1970 had a sister Florence she lived on deerlands ave thanks rob

did anyone know Thomas worth from shirecliffe road died 1970 had a sister Florence she lived on deerlands ave thanks rob
Edited by Ub40
Sorted

Sorry Rob, I lived nearby, but cannot recall them. Will ask bullerBoy & Skippy for you. Keith

Sorry Rob i cant recall him either although i knew a few down Penrith Rd like the Brookes family.