Anyone Come From Shirecliffe

Gday charlotte, I lived on Boynton Road from 1955 to 65, the good old days,

when the Forum picture house was there and before drugs etc.

Roe Woods, the meadows & the 7 ponds were my playground & it was safe to walk the streets at night, I went to Shirecliffe secondary school as it was called at that time & left at 15 in 1958.

I had a look at the old place when I visited in 1990, rusty wire on the shop windows & the old neighbours were afraid to go out because of people breaking in when they did, nothing stays the same, it wasn't the glorious place that I grew up in.

Hi Charlotte, I lived on Morgan Road from 1941 to about 1950. I attended Shirecliffe School juniors/seniors until 1950. Loved the area and have many happy memories.

Teachers I remember- Miss Cox Juniors head, Mr Winnerah, Mr Ross, Miss Collins PT Mr Siddall was seniors Head I think -can't think of more at the moment. Regards

Hi,i went to Herries school,i'm originally from Pitsmoor...but now reside in sunny Shirecliffe....and have done since 1988..........

jt

Hi Charlotte

I have lived in Shirecliffe now for 4 years but parents lived there 25 years and brother went to Herries, he left about 1990

My mum moves TO Shirecliffe tomorrow!! Some lovely NEW flats near Tesco's!

Hi I lived on Penrith Rd went to Shirecliffe School started in the nursery right to the seniors. left shirecliffe when i was obout 23 (1980)Then had 2 years on Miles Rd from 2000.

I Lived on musgrave rd with my parents up until 1989 when i moved out to live with girlfriend,my mother still lives there but has moved into a flat since my father died.My Dad was Brian Wilson who wa the main campaigner against the council demoloshing houses on the estate.

My Dad was Brian Wilson who was the main campaigner against the council demoloshing houses on the estate.

Why did they demolish some of the houses briggy ? there were a lot of older terraced hoses that were a lot worse than the ones on the Shirecliffe.

They demolished the houses Skippy because the labd they were on was far more valuble to prospective building companies than the houses

I live quite near to Shirecliffe and whenever I walk over that way, it always makes me wonder why they seemed to have knocked just random houses down. It's not even like they knocked a complete road down ready to re-build on, it's the odd few houses here and there. What's all that about?

They only knocked a few houses down because of the campaigning that my father and his team did to stop them demoloshing most of shirecliffe,and yes it does look ugly and stupid but at least some people (who didnt want to move) still have houses