Guest Guest

I had the same problem a couple of years ago when I was your age. I found that unsolicited CVs didn't get me anywhere, but if you ask each shop for their own application form it seems to work!

Try WHSmith, H Samuel etc. individually. All the big companies tend to take on a batch of workers at once so there may be a month or two to wait :roll: but it worked for me.

You could always ask local pubs if they need waiting staff as you have your food certificate, but it depends what your local is like!

Originally posted by "nancya"

My cousin worked in Saver centre in Meadowhall while she was at school, she kept the job for ages and they even let her do odd shifts when she was on holiday from uni.

I worked there for five years, while I was at college, and then at uni.

I'd certainly try supermarkets because they do have quite a high staff turnover, and they need extra people at weekends because that's when they're busiest.

Meadowhall used to produce a leaflet each week with all the job vacencies in the centre listed. You could get it from the customer service desk near Marks and Spencers. I'm not sure if they still do it, but it's worth asking.

Okay thanks :-) I have had the Meadowhall jobsheet. It basically lists the same jobs as there are listed on the website. I'm going to try a few supermarkets. Thank you all :-)

have you tried the Co-Op Welcome near you? i hear they are always looking for staff

Which one? The one on the richmond shops, or the one at Intake?

the one at intake near the cross roads and "intake video + DVD" lol

(i never realised how close we lived :shock: )

I couldn't possibly work there! My mates hang around on the streets there at night, so if I got a job there, my mates would probably get me the sack!!! Anyway, I find the staff in there to be rude. I try to avoid going in there if its possible.

Since the cash machine was put up outside the store, there has been a considerable rise in mugging and theft too. I dont think I could see myself working there.

(wow we must live close! we probably walk past each other in the street!)

hi caprice iwoundered if u could d me a favour and posta copy of t list pls coz im studyin for my gcses also n i cnt finda job :cry: ill b so gr8ful

write bk :)