I've been looking for a job for 5 months now, with no luck :-( As I'm studying for my GCSE's, I am only prepared to work on Saturdays and Sundays, which is understandable as exams are very important. I've gave my CV to so many companies, but not one of them has even bothered to phone me. I'm a very reliable and sensible person, so I can't understand why no-one would want me! Argh!

I'm wondering if there's anyone on here who may know someone who's recruiting for weekend work? I'd be really grateful if you could let me know! From September onwards I will be entering either college or a sixth form, so I desparetly need a job for then! Please help!

I know a lot of employers don't reply to applicants these days, I have found this out myself. However don't despair your doing the right thing and using your initiative, not sure what type of work your looking for and who you've applied to, but many large supermarkets and retailers are always taking on part timers (students etc..).

Good Luck

I've applied to places in Crystal peaks, Sheffield City Centre and Meadowhall :-) I'm just looking for a shop job really, just something to earn me some well needed cash!

I've not thought of applying to a supermarket, so I might give this a go :-) Thanks!

I need a job too. Been looking, but one of my biggest problems is that I can't actually be arsed! (I'm selling myself really well here!) I will need to get a job soon though, because I'm drastically running out of cash.

Just because I'm enthusiastic about getting a job and you arent, doesn't mean that I'm going to get one before you! Its so unfair! All my enthusiam is going to waste because noone will give me a chance!

Guest Guest

Did you try fast food places. The work's terrible, but they pay you and they have high staff turnover. They might be leery because at GCSE age you're only just legally allowed to work, and still i think only under special conditions.

Your age maybe does make it a bit trickier. My cousin worked in Saver centre in Meadowhall while she was at school, she kept the job for ages and they even let her do odd shifts when she was on holiday from uni. When I was a student I just sent letters to various places, eventually a club was short staffed, they rang in desperation for that night, the job job paid terribly but it kept me going foir a while. Don't give up.

I couldn't possibly work in a fast food place, the smell and the grease would kill me! I'm really snooty about places like that, I'm afraid. I do however, have my basic food hygiene certificate, which would benefit me if I wanted to go into the catering industry :-)

Many of my friends have part time jobs, but they were mainly got for them by their parents having contacts. My parent's don't have any contacts like that, so I'm out there on my own! Argh!

Guest Guest

Have you just sent your CV or have you asked in person? It may help if the managers can put a face to name and see for themselves that you are presentable and seem reliable. Keep on trying because persistance pays and good luck!

Guest Guest

try house of frazer

Guest Guest

Have you tried Meadowhall? They may have something....

Guest Guest

Yes I have and to be totally honest, I am disgusted by the way they have treat me. Everytime I have handed in my CV, the assistant has told me that the manager will ring me soon. But have I had a phone call?....NO!

There's no wonder kids turn to crime. Even the honest, decent ones can't get a job to buy things legitimately. It stinks this, it really does.

xxCapricexx