In ear hearing aids

Also I would not get in-ear ones they are way exspensive plus I know of some people that have them and they can hurt the ears. (Your quote)

Do you mean that you can get aids which do not need to be fitted to the ear canal? And can be fitted to use outside the ear? or does this refer to the privately obtainable ones?

I've two digital aids but the inside ear fitting makes my ears sore, I just cannot wear them.

To answer your questions, when I was younger my moulds for my hearing aids hurt me, I used vasalean (don't know about the spelling). I have the NHS Digital Hearing Aids, the have a mould which is shaped with the impression of your ears. The Hearing Aid itself is outside connected to the mould via a plastic tube.

Inner Hearing Aids are privately brought ones and they cost alot.

Many thanks to everyone who has replied...will print off all the information and give it to my Grandpa to have a read and decide what to do.

I originally did a search on google before posting on here but all I got was loads of listings for hearing aids on sale on ebay...somehow I dont think that's the best idea!

Kezza

Many thanks to everyone who has replied...will print off all the information and give it to my Grandpa to have a read and decide what to do.

I originally did a search on google before posting on here but all I got was loads of listings for hearing aids on sale on ebay...somehow I dont think that's the best idea!

Kezza

I can not suggest more strongly than to get your Grandpa to the Doctors to ask for an appointment at the ENT Department. If he can afford it, Ask the doctor to arrange a private consultation. Remember that the Consultant will only give totally inpartial advise, he is not a salesman selling hearing aids.