also what sort of ages are people

cheers

DD :)

Im thinking of joining you on a walk one day

how many people usually turn up?

is it a regular group, or do new people sometimes come

Ooh, questions!

You would be more than welcome on any of the walks, or feel free to suggest your own, and we can tag along with you! ;)

There's usually between 6 and 12 people on the walks, and there have been lots of new people joining us lately. (check out some of the recent walk threads for feedback)

There's no age restrictions... all ages come along.

If you fancy a nice short walk by way of introduction, there's one this Thursday evening, meeting at 6pm at Endcliffe Park, and walking up through the Porter Valley for a couple of hours. Link for that one is here!!

hi

Im thinking of joining you on a walk one day

how many people usually turn up?

is it a regular group, or do new people sometimes come

cheers

DD :)

Further to Feargals reply, I think 5/6 new walkers in a week tells you all you need to know about new walkers joining, AND all of `em have been on a 2nd walk, with Neoteric deserving a special mention for "doing" 4 walks in 8 days from his very first walk!

The ages of the walkers ranges from 20`s to 60`s, and basically we`re not too serious about the walking, its very laid back with no rules, apart from common sense ones.

As well as the walking, we also enjoy looking at any wildlife we come across, having a cuppa or a beer on the way, and above all else we enjoy having a laugh.

Why not give it a go?

As one of the new members who has only done 2 walks so far I'd like to reiterate what Feargal and Scubz have said. They're a really friendly, welcoming bunch - you should definitely come along DD.

I invariably have my children with me for the time of the evening walks - they are 7 and 10, and are used to walking as we do this as a family. Would they be welcome, or is it an adult only activity?:D

I'm sure I can answer the above questions without treading on anyone's toes. The answers are:

yes, and

yes.

If your children are up to the stated distance (and you're the only one who can say that for sure) then I'm sure that there's no problem with you bringing them with you, and

Lots of people periodically bring pooches on group walks. There are obviously walks where this is less feasible (if walking across land where dogs are forbidden for instance, but this is usually picked up well before the walk) and you'll need to keep your dog under control (not assuming that you don't, of course) but they're welcome as team mascots, and handy to have in photos too.