Walkers night out 27th April Boardwalk

Now here`s a change, a Walkers Group meet that doesnt have proposed walks on the adgenda! Not that they normally do anyway! But here`s a chance for the Walking Group to let their hair down and have a cracking night out at the Accoustic Angels regular last Friday in the month gig at the Boardwalk later this month.

A night out has been talked about for some time, and with encouragement from some of the regulars how about this for a night out?

For anyone who`s never heard of them, here`s what the Accoustics are all about:-

They play the type of music anybody would love - proper songs, all live with no backing tapes with accoustic guitars, electric violin, sax and keyboards playing a variation of stuff from the likes of Stevie Wonder and Hall and Oates thro Elkie Brooks and Randy Crawford to U2 and Radiohead. Something for everybody!

Anybody up for it?

I'm up for this, Scubz. Saw John Reilly's other band, Boy On A Dolphin, a few years ago but have never seen Acoustic Angels.

I'm up for this, Scubz. Saw John Reilly's other band, Boy On A Dolphin, a few years ago but have never seen Acoustic Angels.

Great, glad you`re up for it PW. I`ve seen John stacks of times and got several of his albums, but you`ll find the Accoustics a lot different to BOAD, who mainly do their own stuff as opposed to the Accoustics who only do copies.

Sounds like a good night out, count me in! See you in 2 weeks Scubz. I hope you dont like your new walking group as much as this one! ;)

Put me down for this as well :thumbsup:

Just bumping this back to the top! I am presuming this is still on?

Couple of questions. What time does it start? What time are we meeting? How much does it cost? Is there a dress code? Sorry ive not been before so ive no idea!

Just bumping this back to the top! I am presuming this is still on?

Couple of questions. What time does it start? What time are we meeting? How much does it cost? Is there a dress code? Sorry ive not been before so ive no idea!

Well, I shall be there in my jeans and trainers! There's no dress code Nooka - think "boozer" and you're nearly there. It's very down to earth, and a great laugh in there. Don't wear your best satin sandals... I always end up with beer stains on my trainers, and they are a devil to get out! :hihi:

Just to 2nd what Feargal says, it`s a 'dress down' sorta place, and quite dark so you can get away with anything!

I think it`s £7 to get in, but well worth it, and if you can get there for 7.30 you can help us queue for seats, cos there aren`t many.

Taxman and I are meeting in the Bankers Draft for something to eat straight from work, which in my case will be 6-7.15ish, if anybody wants to join us

Seats?! I don't think I've ever seen seats in the Boardwalk :o Mind you, I have poor eyesight, and am usually well-refreshed by then :hihi:

I'll see what time we can rally ourselves into town... might have time to nip to the Bankers for a sly lemonade first.

Can't join you on this event, but hope everyone has a good time.