Juicers

Hi

I am thinking of buying a juicer but there are so many on the market from £18 to £100s which makes it hard to decide. Can anyone recommend a good one. My price guide is about £30/40.

Thanks for any help.

All the 30 quid types are centrifugal so basically all the same. Check the motor power and try to get one with a more powerful motor and also check the size of the juice receptacle as some of them have a huge area to catch pulp and a really small bit for the juice! Also worth trying to find one with a big spout so you don’t have to chop stuff up to much. Don’t bother with the fancy looking colour coordinated ones, more style than substance! The junior juice lady at Argos seems to be the cheapest with a 400w motor so might last a bit longer! Also keep the receipt cos they don't last very long!

My advice is to save up and get a Champion Juicer, I have had mine for years and it's never going to go wrong! It a masticating juicer so you get more juice and it's better quality, the pulp is almost dry when it comes out, it will also juice almost anything including leafy things like spinach, not good at wheatgrass though. The juice also lasts much longer as it does not use centrifugal force so does not oxygenate it as much. They are expensive but worth it, get one of Ebay but don’t forget to add 12 quid for postage.

:D