Can these yanks get any dafter ?

Also an islamaphobe and a racist by her own words.

Enough - walk away from the name calling.

If you can't behave in a civilised manner, then folks shouldn't bother posting here.

You seem to be trying to be offensive, and I suggest that you just pack it in now.

She's 'arder than that, Jabber.........D'you recall the Battle of the Alamo? Well Davy Crockett and Co. were 'aving problems for 12 days when "our" poppins rode into the Fort on her pinto pony.

(

You DO realise shes going to have you for calling her old now? Id start running if I were you!

I swore I'd stay off this thread, but since you're addressing me directly, I don't want to appear rude by ignoring you. ;)

It's unfortunate the yanks you've seen on your travels have been badly behaved. That's a shame, and I apologize for them. We're not all the same, but I'm not sure you realize that.

I live in California, and we get alot of visitors. Most are ok, but a few are so obnoxious you wonder why they bother to leave home. Wanna swap rude tourist stories? The German couple who literally pushed past everyone to the front of the line in a crowded restaurant. The outspoken French woman at a Los Angeles hamburger stand where customers walk up on the street for chrissakes, who complained so loudly about the quality of her lunch that the Hells Angel looking dude who worked in back flipping burgers came out and asked if she wanted her money back. Whaddya expect for $3.50 lady? At least we don't eat horses. The Chinese men my mother and I saw in Washington DC, rubbing their dirty feet all over the Great Seal of the United States of America in Capitol Hill, laughing about it and taking pictures, and playing graba@@ while chasing each other around the Capitol Rotunda like they were at a picnic. How about the young Italian/French/German men who hassled my teenage daughter and her friends with crude remarks and gestures at Badger Pass in Yosemite until my husband and another man told them to take a hike? Brings back memories of the young, foreign guys who used to do the same thing to me and my sisters in San Francisco. I once asked a British co-worker about this, and she said, "it's the TV. They watch American TV and they think you're all sex maniacs". I could go on, but you get the point.

If you are looking for bad examples or someone to blame, it's sad to say, that's what you'll find. There's a big difference between making terrorist threats on a plane (which is illegal, by the way) and the badly behaved Americans you just happened to see in a public place. Unfortunately, there's no law against being an jerk.

She's 'arder than that, Jabber.........D'you recall the Battle of the Alamo? Well Davy Crockett and Co. were 'aving problems for 12 days when "our" poppins rode into the Fort on her pinto pony.

She got the beaver heads sorted, organised, victualled and pinched the only working rifle left between them.

On the final day of the struggle (the 13th day of battle), she cooked the blokes a good breakfast, settled them into the hairdressing salon and went to the highest part of the Alamo walls....and blew the Mexicans back to the Border with her vicious tongue and the occasional bullet from the Winchester rifle.

They don't make wimmen like that these days!

The weasel film makers wrote her part out of the script, poor lass.....and John Wayne never looked back.

Shame on them. :(

Shoey, I love you. :hihi:

:) Sierra

You DO realise shes going to have you for calling her old now? Id start running if I were you!

Jabber, in 'er mind it 'appened only yesterday! :hihi:

I disagree.

It is the amercians fault that everyone hates them because they voted bush in again just as it also our fault thatwe arent liked much as we had the chance to show the world where we stand. Unfortunatly we did and voted the other warmonger in too.

49% of the US didn't vote him in though.

Again - making a statement about all people based on the actions of some of them is racism.

It's unpleasant - it just seems to be acceptable to some people when it's against the US.

Im sorely tempted to start an Americans appreciation thread to try to highlight all the good things that theyve brought into the world, and no one can deny the Amis have added far more than theyve taken away, but the thread would turn into a full scale battle.

We have to remember the good stuff. Personally I`m impressed as hell by NASA and their movies and... well, all the Americans Ive ever met.

Theyre a good bunch on the whole, and its already been said, theres good and bad in all of us. Its just sad that the bad gets all the attention.

To be honest is it real there are that many good editing utils out there?

If it is leave it to your own imagination they also were cruel what about the torture they did to us.........

But thats my ten-penarth

:suspect:

To be honest is it real there are that many good editing utils out there?

If it is leave it to your own imagination they also were cruel what about the torture they did to us.........

But thats my ten-penarth

:suspect:

It's a good point - the irony is that the availability of cheap video recording equipment and a distribution network in terms of the Internet has coincided with the availability of widespread editing and image manipulation tools.

This makes a lot of the 'gonzo' or 'peoples' journalism that we now see online as biased towards one view or another as we get from the major media organisations.

I think there's a serious danger of getting to the 'because it's taken by a non-professional and posted online' it's less biased than an edited piece available through the BBC, CNN or Al Jazeera. It's not necessarily so - the main difference is that it's just of lower quality; the question of bias is an issue that we as viewers don't know unless the originators tell us.

If you expect to get a particular bias from mainstream media organisations

then the you can adapt your viewing expectations accordingly. If you don't know what the inherent biases of the source are, then you can't prepare.

It is unfortunate that a country is often viewed and judged by its leader and its practices. I do think that the American Country has made some horrific, appallingly arrogant choices in its government of itself and its influence on the world in recent years.

That is not to say that all Americans are like this and also if those videos were accurate then the people in them are vile human beings but sadly some people join the Army for the wrong reasons!! (all countries have them)

Jabber, in 'er mind it 'appened only yesterday! :hihi:

Yes, shoe and Jabb, you had better start running, i'll even give you a head start.................. OLD ! :rant::)

You do realise that poppins is a full-blooded, fiesty Sheffield lass........don't mess wiv 'er....she's reight 'ard! :o

Yep, shes an ex Southey Greener mate, she`ll give you a bunch o fives if ya dont watch out. She can land you one, then it will be "another one bites the dust" :help:

Yep, shes an ex Southey Greener mate, she`ll give you a bunch o fives if ya dont watch out. She can land you one, then it will be "another one bites the dust" :help:

don't worry pattricia, I'll jump to your aid, I used to fight the boys