Can these yanks get any dafter ?

I must say, with it being an English Forum, I almost feel as its a kind of bullying of the American members. 10 against 1.Lets get em mates ,theres more of us, than them. Thats how I feel anyway.

It is bullying and I regard anti-Americanism as the one acceptable racism that the British chattering classes will admit to.

Whilst we might make jokes about Germans scarfing the towels at the swimming pools and the French being 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' the unpleasantnesses directed towards the Americans usually lack humour.

Sure - some US citizens are arses, just like some Brits are, some French are, some Chinese are and some Saudis are.

Comments that categories a whole race based on the behaviour of a few, with no attempt at humour, are just racist.

It's unpleasant, nasty and unworthy of people that should know better.

It is bullying and I regard anti-Americanism as the one acceptable racism that the British chattering classes will admit to.

Whilst we might make jokes about Germans scarfing the towels at the swimming pools and the French being 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' the unpleasantnesses directed towards the Americans usually lack humour.

Sure - some US citizens are arses, just like some Brits are, some French are, some Chinese are and some Saudis are.

Comments that categories a whole race based on the behaviour of a few, with no attempt at humour, are just racist.

I feel embarrassed,Joe, sometimes. When weve got lovely members like Sierra,HappyHoosier,and poppins ,I feel disgusted.

I feel embarrassed,Joe, sometimes. When weve got lovely members like Sierra,HappyHoosier,and poppins ,I feel disgusted.

So do I, pattricia, so do I. :(

Well, thanks to all who tried to be fair. I'm done with this thread. No point in trying to reason with those who'd rather spew unoriginal twaddle than learn the facts. Have a Happy easter everyone. Don't eat too many chocolate eggs!

:) Sierra

I agree with you in part and have decided I mistitled the thread but it's not racist as I'm of the same race if not the same country. (assuming they were all white americans)

I stick by my opinion that the americans I have met have all been arseholes.

Pity as I met an american singer a few weeks back at a job in liverpool. A true pro entertainer but a total ****** to talk to.

An "I want and I will have attitude" from the big headed sod came very close to loosing the stage time he was given. Would have been a loss as he was so good at his job but it's hard to deal with people like that.

Can you change the thread title to 'can these yanks get any dafter' please ?

So do I, pattricia, so do I. :(

OH! don't feel so bad shoe, Yanks get a good laugh out of these things, it's just a bit of jelousy from just a few idiots on here. :hihi:

I can't blame Rich and the others for hateing Yanks though, they would be put to work the minute he stepped on dry land over here, that would be enough the scare any lot on the dole:hihi:

OH! don't feel so bad shoe, Yanks get a good laugh out of these things, it's just a bit of jelousy from just a few idiots on here. :hihi:

I can't blame Rich and the others for hateing Yanks though, they would be put to work the minute he stepped on dry land over here, that would be enough the scare any lot on the dole:hihi:

2 things:

Stop trolling.

I am NOT on the dole, I USED to be, but packed it in because the job centre staff were a bunch of halfwits who could no more get me a job than I could sprout wings and fly to the moon! :loopy::rant:

2 things:

Stop trolling.

I am NOT on the dole, I USED to be, but packed it in because the job centre staff were a bunch of halfwits who could no more get me a job than I could sprout wings and fly to the moon! :loopy::rant:

Staff were "Halfwits", they must be Americans then :hihi:

Staff were "Halfwits", they must be Americans then :hihi:

No they were English, they were just incapable of doing their jobs right! :rant:

Anyway I don't want to spoil my good mood by reminiscing about one of the darkest periods of my past, so I have no more to say on that subject.

I agree with you in part and have decided I mistitled the thread but it's not racist as I'm of the same race if not the same country. (assuming they were all white americans)

I stick by my opinion that the americans I have met have all been arseholes.

Pity as I met an american singer a few weeks back at a job in liverpool. A true pro entertainer but a total ****** to talk to.

An "I want and I will have attitude" from the big headed sod came very close to loosing the stage time he was given. Would have been a loss as he was so good at his job but it's hard to deal with people like that.

Can you change the thread title to 'can these yanks get any dafter' please ?

No change it to "Can these US Troops get any dafter ? You can see how respectful Sierra has been in a previous post, never losing her temper, and remaining dignified at all times.

No change it to "Can these US Troops get any dafter ? You can see how respectful Sierra has been in a previous post, never losing her temper, and remaining dignified at all times.

Are the Mod elections coming up or something??? :hihi: :hihi:

Are the Mod elections coming up or something??? :hihi: :hihi:

No, I say what I think Lestat, and some of these posts in this thread stink.