Can these yanks get any dafter ?

I wouldn't say all Americans are stupid by a long shot. I speak to quite a few online and all are intelligent, humourous and good natured. I've never talked politics with them so I don't know their views.

But the policies the country has and the aggressive stance it takes on international issues are giving the country a bad name. When a country has a bad name/reputation, its citizens tend to be grouped in with that.

Just like all French people being cheese eating surrender monkeys, or all Germans being humourless or any number of stereotypes.

But all Germans ARE humourless - all the ones I've met anyway! :hihi:

StarSparkle

Many posts on this thread bear testimony to swan vesta's statement that you get stupid people everywhere.

Well, I said the word "Race" as in "People." Its a legitimate usage of the word.

There are a few other movie sections that have Americans firing at civillians, they dont seem to last for long before theyre removed though, but if you want, Ill search for them...?

I certainly dont tar all Amis with the same brush, as I already mentioned I know quite a few of them and I wouldnt have a bad word said against them, but film of atrocities like that DO exist, American troops ARE causing hell out there, and we ARE sheep for following them merrily into these situations.

The British sectors of Iraq are generally more peaceful than the U.S. ones but the trouble is, as some people see ALL Americans in the same light, some also see ALL troops out there in the same light too. Our soldiers are starting to get as bad a reputation as the Ami troops simply by association.

Yes, but the OP said " Can Yanks get any Dafter" . Yanks not American soldiers. Please give the American members some respect on SF.Its an old topic that often gets out of hand.

Many posts on this thread bear testimony to swan vesta's statement that you get stupid people everywhere.

.... but clearly not ALL humourless people are German.... :suspect:

StarSparkle

.... but clearly not ALL humourless people are German.... :suspect:

StarSparkle

Read through the posts on here which brand ALL 300 million + Americans as stupid, and please point me towards the ones with a humorous content. The subtle irony must have gone over my head.

Well, I said the word "Race" as in "People." Its a legitimate usage of the word.

There are a few other movie sections that have Americans firing at civillians, they dont seem to last for long before theyre removed though, but if you want, Ill search for them...?

I certainly dont tar all Amis with the same brush, as I already mentioned I know quite a few of them and I wouldnt have a bad word said against them, but film of atrocities like that DO exist, American troops ARE causing hell out there, and we ARE sheep for following them merrily into these situations.

The British sectors of Iraq are generally more peaceful than the U.S. ones but the trouble is, as some people see ALL Americans in the same light, some also see ALL troops out there in the same light too. Our soldiers are starting to get as bad a reputation as the Ami troops simply by association.

Jabbers, I know you didn't mean any harm. But someone will post something like this, then you get a few coming out of the woodwork with every negative yank story they've heard, seen, or read about. Which has nothing to do with the matter at hand. (upinwath, that Malaysian moneychanger story is getting old)

Are American troops perfect? No. Do they behave impeccably and always do the right thing? Unfortunately not. You can say the same about any army in the world. (By the way, the videos of British troops beating the cr@p out of unarmed, Iraqi teenagers are still floating around. And unlike the videos posted here, you can plainly see and hear that they're British) Am I going to post it and call ALL British troops idiots and cretins? No. Because War.Is.Hell. And I'm not there. How can I judge them from the safety of my suburban home? I don't know what they live with on a day to day basis, and I don't believe for one second that a two minute sound bite is telling the whole story. And neither should anyone else. :thumbsup:

:) Sierra

I must say, with it being an English Forum, I almost feel as its a kind of bullying of the American members. 10 against 1.Lets get em mates ,theres more of us, than them. Thats how I feel anyway.

I must say, with it being an English Forum, I almost feel as its a kind of bullying of the American members. 10 against 1.

Not really, they do ask for a lot of the crap they get.

If they had voted out Dubya the last chance they got then people wouldnt be so hard on them but they DIDNT!

Saying that, we made the same mistake with bLIAR.

America is probably one of the most corrupt places on the planet. Its born on hatred and death (just ask the native indians) and it still happens today. Look at what happened after katrina. If it was washington dc that got flooded instead of a place populated mainly by blacks then i think there would have been far more done far sooner.

Like i said, they ask for a lot of the crap they get.

Kudos for The Simpsons tho.

Not really, they do ask for a lot of the crap they get.

If they had voted out Dubya the last chance they got then people wouldnt be so hard on them but they DIDNT!

Saying that, we made the same mistake with bLIAR.

America is probably one of the most corrupt places on the planet. Its born on hatred and death (just ask the native indians) and it still happens today. Look at what happened after katrina. If it was washington dc that got flooded instead of a place populated mainly by blacks then i think there would have been far more done far sooner.

Like i said, they o ask for a lot of the crap they get.

Kudos for The Simpsons tho.

New Orleans was flooded because it's on the Gulf Coast. It has a lower elevation than either Lake Pontchartrain or the Mississippi River. It's basically a fishbowl, with the water on the OUTSIDE. For years, the crooks who run New Orleans have been siphoning off money instead of maintaining flood control equipment and repairing the levees. There was flooding and devastating damage up and down the Gulf Coast, and some areas of Mississippi were harder hit than New Orleans, but you don't hear about that. The District of Columbia has a higher population of African Americans than either Mississippi or Louisiana..

So please, learn some more about us before you post such things.

:) Sierra

The american army are a waste of space. They have no training, no morals or brains. Gung ho tw@'s who think they rule everywhere they go.

It's seeing stuff like this that I never feel any sympathy for their losses.