Laptop Problem!

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I was at work and spilled something on my laptop keyboard. I then wiped in between the keys and thought I pulled a hair out.... which I now believe was a circuit between 2 keys. Now my U and my J aren't working on the laptop. Wondering if anybody has had similar problems before, help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Pen

i know circuit boards are getting smaller but mistaking one for a hair...? :)

new keyboards for laptops arent that expensive. whats the make/model?

i think it's unlikely you pulled out any circuitry. the liquid you spilt probably leaked into the keyboard and it's broken 'cos of that.

what's the make and model of the laptop?

the keyboard can be replaced... not sure what LL200 thinks 'expensive' is though... prices for (new) replacement laptop keyboards range from £15 to £100. Depends on how easy to source they are usually.

Thankyou for your replys,

Yes I have found the keyboard i need http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUJITSU-AMILO-M7400-KEYBOARD-NSK-ACC0U-C130_W0QQitemZ260104853863QQcategoryZ31568QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting but just wondering if there was any alternative before i buy it. Its only the U and J keys t hat are broke.

it's more than likey that the contacts for those keys have been destroyed by the liquid, it is repairable with conductive paint but unless you fancy disassembling the keyboard i'd just buy a new one as there are quite a few bits :hihi:

Edited by pixellated