Calling all Paintball players!

I wonder if that guy knows that the item he's selling is illegal in the UK due to the new firearms regulations?

Does look fun though :D , imagine taking that to a walk on game!

Originally posted by lalaland

I wonder if that guy knows that the item he's selling is illegal in the UK due to the new firearms regulations?

Probably why hes trying to sell it!

Now if it was an AIRSOFT minigun, that'd be perfectly legal :headbang:

Originally posted by J-Blaze

Paintball sounds good:D I'm hoping to get a RAP4 soon, does anyone know of anyone who's been real action paintballing before? (Using the new M4 replica RAP4 guns rather than the traditional style paintball guns).

If so are the guns as nice as they look?

If you wanna check them out

http://www.rap4.com/os/product_info.php?products_id=894

Be aware J-Blaze, the RAP 4 thingy would be illegal also over here.

400+fps is a BIG no no in the UK....

What's the limit for the UK? There is a lower velocity version available. The LE is the new model with higher power. If one wanted obtaining the legal version could easily be modified. They also ship to the UK. And I doubt customs would check the FPS.

Owning or using a gun that's classed as illegal under the firearms laws in this country is not a good idea with all this new fuss regarding replicas, air weapons (which paintball guns come under) etc. is a little daft.

You could end up in serious trouble and up to five years in prison for having a paintball gun over the legal power limit as daft as it sounds.

The US have more relaxed laws than we do, so be careful what you buy and import.

Been tempted to take it up again, & have been looking for toys...

Quite liked this as an entry level one, & have always liked the automag.

Does anyone know if the Danger Zone store has a decent range? Any second hand stuff? Can't find any online stores this side of the Atlantic either... :(

Originally posted by steev

Been tempted to take it up again, & have been looking for toys...

Quite liked this as an entry level one, & have always liked the automag.

Lookup the viewloader Orion. That's a nice cheap starter gun and you can get them on Ebay for under £40 (£80 in shops). That's what I am currently using and it's a nice marker. There are some excellent reviews of it too on the Paintball Review site.

Originally posted by steev

Does anyone know if the Danger Zone store has a decent range? Any second hand stuff? Can't find any online stores this side of the Atlantic either... :(

They have a nice selection of paintballs, some guns, parts, pyrotechnics and gas etc. but anything major has to be ordered in aparantly.

They were very friendly and helpful when I went there without a clue, so I highly recommend them.

They aren't open on Saturdays or Sundays though, so you have to go midweek.

There is also Fatbob's if you don't mind the drive to Selby (it's not that far). They have a huge shop and some decent offers on new guns at the moment too. I am going there tomorrow, so will let you know what it's like.

Originally posted by J-Blaze

What's the limit for the UK? There is a lower velocity version available. The LE is the new model with higher power. If one wanted obtaining the legal version could easily be modified. They also ship to the UK. And I doubt customs would check the FPS.

Legal limits are a very grey area.

Work on the assumption that 300fps is the TOP whack limit for the UK, and you wont end up in nick!

Youd be surprised WHAT Customs will check out.

One airsoft retailer had his entire shipment from Hong Kong seized last year....

Tournament rules for uk (for the ones I know of anyway) max out at 300fps or less which is plenty enough!!. I certainly wouldn't want to be hit by anything more.

Also to remember if importing is that full auto (keep trigger pressed and marker continues to fire) is a no no in this country.

Originally posted by JimmyNailgun

Tournament rules for uk (for the ones I know of anyway) max out at 300fps or less which is plenty enough!!. I certainly wouldn't want to be hit by anything more.

Also to remember if importing is that full auto (keep trigger pressed and marker continues to fire) is a no no in this country.

Illegal for both painball rules and UK law.

The paintball rules you 'may' get away with on walk on days etc. sometimes, but if the law catches you for the above then it's court time.

If there are enough of us who are up for starting a regular paintballing session maybe once a week. Even if it's just for a few hours I think there may be a farmer somewhere willing to rent some land for a small fee.

I like the looks of the Tippman A5 http://www2.888paintball.com/browse.asp?plid=GUNS&csid=35940320404831254595596318302530111485985926785133&icid=TIPPMANN

Seems to be the gun of choice for most paintballers.

I'm up for that and I have another mate with a gun ready now.

Depends on how much it would cost, but if we could get a regular event going and a good few people going then it's well worth it.

Also creating our own walk on game would certainly make the site owners take notice if it went well and start doing more walk on's on their sites.

I will post on the walk on forum later and see if anyone's interested there too.