Calling all Paintball players!

A few of us have been playing paintball on and off for a while and finally went out and bought our own markers (guns).

Unlike our first thoughts, they weren't expensive. I found a marker that normally retails around £100 for £35 on the internet (new), new camo overalls for £4 and a mask for £10. So for less than £50 each, we are armed and ready to go.

The only problem is that evey site in and around Sheffield doesn't want to allow us to use our own gear!

I have looked in to 'walk on' days, which is where sites allow you to turn up with your own kit and play. There are many of these down south, but it appears not too many up here.

The average cost for us to play paintball before we bought our kit was about £50 each per day. For about this same price we have our own kit now! The southerners have many places that charge between £10 and £20 for a days access to the site when using your own kit and on most you can take your own paintballs too instead of paying for the overpriced on site ones!

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THIS UP HERE????

Anyway, if you are a paintballer and know where a group of lads can join in with their own kit then please let me know.

We prefer the woodland stuff or similar games, not the inflatable speedball / competition stuff, but are open to most game types. Our skill level is definately amateur / cannon fodder, so please make me happy and let me know if you've found somewhere to play paintball? (official or unnoficial)

I don't want to break the law, but if you know of any fields or woodland or anything where people play then this is also something we would be looking for.

Thanks

Hi there.

Have you rung us yet? >> http://www.dangerzoneuk.co.uk/main.html

I'm a marshal up there, and while we do run proper "walk on" days once every month, we also cater for bring your own guns on a "normal" customer day. Give Chris a ring. You'll find the number on the website above.

Be VERY careful about playing "in some woods". Have a search on the net for the LAW regarding firearms and private property. I'm sure you don't want to end up doing a five stretch for playing somewhere you shouldn't :)

I've still got my paintball gun from 10 years ago when I did it regularly. Cost me £300 at the time, and it's not even constant-air! :o

Compared with todays guns it's probably not that good now, but I do have a telescopic sight on it. :D

I'm surprised there aren't that many sites up here that allow walk-ons though.

I'd love to start paintballing regularly again, but it got to be a bit to expensive after I had a family to support.

That's why we bought our own kit, we were hoping to play at a cheaper price.

I am going to look in to the dangerzone though, there's a couple of posts on other sites referring to this too.

Can highly recommend Danger Zone, went few years back, only company I've been with around Sheffield. Site is (if they're on the same one, towards Strines) a good'n too...

I played recently at Delta Force in Leeds and they said you can bring your own marker. I don't have one myself, but I liked the site okay and it was good fun.

Some sites I used to visit also allowed you to bring your own paintballs.

Worked out much cheaper when you could buy them in bulk from the original suppliers.

However I can see most sites not allowing this as they make quite a bit out of selling paintballs to trigger happy beginners. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ravenger

Some sites I used to visit also allowed you to bring your own paintballs.

Worked out much cheaper when you could buy them in bulk from the original suppliers.

However I can see most sites not allowing this as they make quite a bit out of selling paintballs to trigger happy beginners. :rolleyes:

Thats a major reason that most sites wont allow "BYO" paint, but another is, the site doesn't know how the paint has been stored. You only need one numpty to have kept the paintballs in his freezer, and there's gonna be two dozen dead and dying players on the field!!

(I've actually seen frozen paintballs in use. They were taking bark off an oak tree at 50 yards :wow: )

I visited the dangerzone shop today (bought a few bits) and also discussed their walk on arrangement.

You can't use your own stuff on a day to day basis as it upsets other users that think you're a pro with some special weapon etc. but they do a walk on game every second sunday of the month.

£50 to take part gets you a days paintballing with your own equipment and 2,000 paintballs. Seems like a good enough deal to me.

The last Sunday game (I just missed it :( ) had 40 players with their own kit, so it sounds like a laugh!

It may not be too frequent, but once a month walk on is a good start. If I can find a few more sites then I'll be happy. :)

ps

They were extremely friendly and very informative in the shop, so thanks!

If anyone can think of any other sites to add to this I would be greatful.

I remember walking onto a site that allowed walk ons and normal players to play together.

I was dressed head to toe in my proper camo gear and boots, wearing camo gloves, a full mask (with sunglasses under it so you couldn't see my eyes), and a camo hat that also covered my ears. There wasn't any bare skin visible at all.

I also had a full ammo belt, my gun with a stock and telescopic sight, and a 250 shot ammo hopper.

Standing near me was a guy dressed in the standard goggles and overall supplied by the site, with the standard 9 shot pop-gun they used to supply at the time.

He looked at me very nervously and said "Who are you? The terminator?!"

:D:rolleyes:

The difference is that I am crap. I have only played a few times and my kits pretty budget too.

I can understand that casual players being worried by the thought of someone with their own kit though.

Anyone aware of any extremely cheap land for sale (maybe £10 or something :D )

Paintball sounds good:D I'm hoping to get a RAP4 soon, does anyone know of anyone who's been real action paintballing before? (Using the new M4 replica RAP4 guns rather than the traditional style paintball guns).

If so are the guns as nice as they look?

If you wanna check them out

http://www.rap4.com/os/product_info.php?products_id=894

And for pure grin factor I just found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3695608433

48 balls Per Second Per Barrel

Only 8 grand