Is everybody lost? Why all the sat-navs?

Sat Navs only appear to be very good when taking a route you're unfamiliar with. Actually using it for regular visits makes me giggle as they rarely tell you the best route, normally sending you the long way. ahhh a taxi drivers dream lol.

I wouldnt use it everyday for the same journey to and from work... It only takes 5 minutes anyways hehe...

I do use my SatNav when I don't know where I'm going, IE for a recent trip to Castleton and York. :) But thats only cos I'm hopeless with maps!

My sat nav is a right laugh. I used it the other day to get to a house in Keighley, and it took me down a lovely little road called Damem's Lane. Well, actually it was more of a track than a road. A very steep and rocky track that went down a valley, over a railway and river at the bottom, and up the other side. It was a beautiful little place, but I got the feeling it wasn't really suitable for motor vehicles! Sat nav can get you stuck if you're not careful!

Life for Stagey, pre-sat nav, was pretty grim.

He'd get lost on Motorways, throw things in-car, have screaming hissy fits and generally chuck at least four major strops en route.

However, these days he's a much calmer, focused, relaxed individual who arrives at his destination completely unfluttered and totally calm. It must be noted also that his passengers appear to be much more relaxed too.

Frankly he'd rather eat his own leg than be without his Tom. Tom's a touch of sanity in a world gone mad!

I am slightly disturbed however by the individuals who use sat nav when they know where they're going! What's that all about then? :confused:

My sat nav is a right laugh. I used it the other day to get to a house in Keighley, and it took me down a lovely little road called Damem's Lane. Well, actually it was more of a track than a road. A very steep and rocky track that went down a valley, over a railway and river at the bottom, and up the other side. It was a beautiful little place, but I got the feeling it wasn't really suitable for motor vehicles! Sat nav can get you stuck if you're not careful!

They've been putting up road signs in Polish in Cheshire for delivery drivers who are following their sat-navs and getting the lorries stuck on small roads, and roadworks, etc.

Maybe we should also have road signs in words of less than one syllable for people (who do speak the language!) who must follow a route regardless of the road conditions because the sat-nav says so :D