Do men have Engagement Rings?

I was proposed to on my 18th birthday, but I bought him a ring too. It was a gold celtic band design, but you can go for anything really. It's a nice thought I think and greatly appreciated by the guy too. Go for it!!!

Did he keep it on when you were married and he had a wedding band, like the woman keeps her engagement ring on?

Men seem to replace their 'engagement' ring with their wedding ring, not like us women, who are greedy & wear two haha!! Although I guess it is personal pref really!

Wearing rings isn't traditional for Hindus but something we picked up from the British.....

However my bloke insisted on an engagement ring. It's white gold and quite plain. Cost loads though (fat fingers).

His wedding band is platinum with a 0.3k diamond and half frosted. Cost more than both my rings put together.....

My hubby to be was desperate for an engagement ring !

(Thought....is not wanting one a sign that they don't want to advertise the fact they are engaged too widely ?? Hmmm....)

He settled on a plain narrow white gold band from Ortak (Orkney jeweller, in the Meadowhall centre) which he will pair with a narrow yellow gold one on the day itself. Ortak, or is it another Orkney based jeweller?) actually sell ringe for men consisting of multiple bands if you are unsure how they will look together. if you look around you may find one set with a small diamond !

SO, have there been any wedding bells between us girlies just lately?! Everything hunky dory? I was at my friends wedding a month ago, which was a truly lovely day!!