Badminton Chat/Info

Count me in for the 18th :thumbsup:

I was told it would take a few days to process this application, so hopefully I will hear back early next week - I'll reserve a place for you Gaz

spinac

can i jsut turn up wed

or do i need to let you know numbers first

Hi Donnie,

(I've also PM'd you with this, but info is relevant to anyone who would like to play)

We could previously just turn up but we now have to pre-book. (We had 17 people turn up for just 2 courts last week). Next week I have 3 courts so I have places for 18 people. Let me know if you'd like to play - or register online at http://www.SpurIntoAction.co.uk - you'll then be able to reserve a place for yourself. We start at 7.45pm. Cost is £4 per player for 90 minutes.

I'm also starting a Monday evening at Concorde from next Mon (18th) - let me know if you'd be interested.

Hope to see you soon.

Ken

Hi, I live in Bradway and would like more info re the Abbeydale Badminton Club, I'm not a great player, but I really enjoy the game. I've lost my partner to cricket for the summer and am looking for a club that will accept non partnered players. I currently play at Dronfield but as far as I know, they don't have a Badminton Club.

Thanks for any replies.

Janice

I am trying to get fit again and am looking for someone who is thinking the same. Ideally looking for asians who would like to meet up for a game of badminton once or twice a week in the evening.

Thanks

Originally posted by alisha18

I am trying to get fit again and am looking for someone who is thinking the same. Ideally looking for asians who would like to meet up for a game of badminton once or twice a week in the evening.

Thanks

Where do you live? Me and a friend were thinking of going to the S10 courts (Goodwin Sports centre). I haven't played in ages, so am a bit rusty...but should be able to get back in the swing of things soon!!! (she says hopefully):)

Originally posted by spinac

I'm also starting a Monday evening at Concorde from next Mon (18th) - let me know if you'd be interested.

Ken

Forgive me for being dense, but where is the Concorde and is this session up and running? Thanks!

Hi Crazydoc,

Concorde Sports Centre is north Sheffield at the top of Shiregreen Lane. http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=437500&y=392500&z=3&sv=437500,392500&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=730&ax=437198&ay=391932

The Monday nights are up and running - we just have one court at the moment and usually get 4 to 6 players. Standard is half decent for a social group - there is a competitive edge but we only play one game of doubles at a time before changing partners, so you'll get a mix of games in the evening.

We play once a fortnight and you'll be welcome to join us this Monday (20th June) from 8 to 9.30pm.

We also play every Wednesday at Hillsborough from 7.45. There's usually 12 players or so on 3 courts.

Hope you can make it.

Cheers

Ken

((Dashing off to Masham Beer Festival now and it's great weather for camping!))

Thanks Ken for all that info. I won't be able to make it this Monday, but will try and come along to the next one....however, after checking on the map, it appears that the Concord is a little bit out of my way. Anyway, I haven't played for ages and am rather rusty, but keen to get back into it, so am definitely going to give it a try.....will let you know. I have registered on the Spur into Action website too!:)

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the Badminton info, I have found a good group of people who play regularly on a Monday.

Thanks again,

Janice