Badminton Chat/Info

Does anyone know anywhere 2 play badminton that doesn't cost 2 much. (In The sheffield area)

Long time ago used 2 go 2 myrtle springs centre. Recently has been refurbished. Don't know if they still have the facilities.Anyone know what it is like?

Hi dc1,

You'll be welcome to join my group on Wednesday nights - £4 for 2 sessions doubles play - starts 7.45pm at Hillsborough Leisure Centre. More info at http://www.SpurIntoAction.co.uk or Forum discussion http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16949

If you were just looking for a venue, you could try Goodwin Sports Centre (part of Sheffield University) 0114 222 6999.

Most places will charge around £6 to £7 for a court per session.

Ken

Springs Leisure centre = Top Of East bank Road, part ot Mrytle Springs School.

They have got a new gym in there , very nice. (if you go ask to play in gym, not the hall)

hmm, try ponds forge, i think its only around 2-4£ for like an hour or something?

Hi,

Try Waltheof Sports Centre - 2640519 open from 4pm weeknights.

about £4 per court per 3/4 hour. :thumbsup:

Westfield Sports Centre at Westfield School in Mosborough have all the facilities there including swimming an squash

anyone know of any table tennis or badminton clubs? -social rather than serious legue stuff

Wednesdays, Hillsborough leasure centre there is a group of us who play- all levels of skill, PM spinac on here for more info- it is a top laugh!!!!!

Hillsborough is good, clean courts, but sometimes noisy, Ponds forge i reckon- clean courts, nice atmosphere, 'mint' facilities. No shuttlecock hire to my recollection

baminton club is on the lookout for new members.well established club with good league teams and excellent club night.

play wednesdays 8 'til 10.

men & ladies we have teams of both, mixed ability level.

Where is the club? or where do you play?

club plays at Graves Tennis Club @ Meadowhead.