Badminton Chat/Info

hi beckyaa, my girlfreind comes with me when we play- it was her first time last week and altho she is a bit rusty she was made to feel very welcome and player for over an hour and a half non stop virtually!! so come along- its a good laugh!!!

Hi beckyaa,

It is mostly guys at the group, but as Scott says, you'll be very welcome. Just turn up at the reception before 7.45 and our group should be pretty obvious. It's £4 for the session which is one and a half hours long. We play doubles and switch partners after each game to keep things varied. PM me or give me a call if you'd like to know more (tel no on group website http://www.SpurIntoAction.co.uk)

Hope to see you tomorrow,

Cheers,

Ken

New to the group and am interested in Badminton and want to know where you play and how much it is etc. Thanks

Hi sheffguy,

we play at Hilsborough Leisure Centre from 7.45 and meet in reception 5-10 minutes before that. It's £4 per session (1hr 30min) and I can loan you a raquet if you don't have your own. It's a reasonable standard of play - no absolute novices, but no one you won't take some points off (although I think Craig's working hard to whitewash me sometime soon ...)

Hope you can make it (we have a block booking every wednesday)

Cheers,

Ken

Map: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=433592&y=390295&z=0&sv=S6+2AN&st=2&pc=S6+2AN&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

ken - what abut extending it to 3 courts possibly?

Hi Scot,

I'll check this out soon - if we can definitely get a minimum of 12 players each week. (I reckon this will be achievable).

I spoke to Reg who came along on Wednesday - he runs a club near Rotherham. We both feel there should be a chance to chat to other players between games rather than just play continuously for 90 minutes and then leave. It can be a little bit "sterile" if you know nothing at all about your opponent.

It's a pity there's not a bar at Hillsborough - but maybe we could pop up to the cafe for 15 minutes after the games just to talk about ideas to always keep the club alive and fresh. What do you think? Diet Cokes all round?

Cheers,

Ken

no bar :( denied!!!!

Me and rach will be there tomorrow as usual :D

no bar, i know !!! :cry: still i guess i shouldn't drink alcohol every now and again ;) ... see you 'n' rach tomorrow, cheers, ken

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately Anna and I won't be able to make it down tonight. Hope to see you all next week though.

Simon

No problem ... hope to see you next week, Ken

Could manage a couple of more players if anyone fancies joining in. 10 players all ages (regulars and newcomers) made it last week.

Scott, fb, Pran, f-u-g hope to see you again soon - if you'd like to try any different format, run it by me and we'll see what others think. (All - we curently play one game doubles then change partners to keep the game varied - it's 1.5 hrs from 7.45 to 9.15)

I shall be there this week ken, might have to bug our early cos im out clubbing on wednesday but im deffo coming, couldn't make last week :D