Badminton Chat/Info

No problem, see you wednesday. Great win against Villa ... who have the blades got next round?

Hello all!!

Hope everyone had a good new year!!

Hope to start up badminton again now im off weds :clap:

See you all soon :)

Originally posted by May_Dupnam

No problem, see you wednesday. Great win against Villa ... who have the blades got next round?

blummin west ham :(

Damn you all for playing wednesday's. I could play between 7.45 and 8.15???

If anyone wants to play non wednesdays...

Originally posted by miggy

Damn you all for playing wednesday's. I could play between 7.45 and 8.15???

If anyone wants to play non wednesdays...

Its the only day that we could get a court on im afraid!!!

Hey.. ive posted an alternative option for people that are too far or its bad day for them on wednesdays...

so miggy...check it out.

:thumbsup:

Hi MTheo,

have PM'd you with some details about organising this event, but for the benefit of anyone else who can't make Wednesdays looking for a regular game - sorry and good luck in getting a game elsewhere. It was not possible for me to get a reliable booking at Pond's Forge, Goodwin Sports Centre, Hallam University or Sheffield Sports & Social at Heeley !!!

Getting a block booking at Hillsborough was a godsend and although it doesn't suit everyone, predictability has made it a success. People drop out out quickly if you don't get a regular venue, day and time

I get enquiries from my website http://www.SpurIntoAction.co.uk and from ads in Telegraph & Star. Less than half the players on Wednesday are from the Forum. If you wanted some help to promote your alternative, I would be happy to discuss this with you. I'm not currently charging a membership fee, but will be doing so to new members soon. (First 100 to register get free year's membership). Event organisers will get 60% of membership fee from anyone they introduce to the group (although you would need to prove your ability to provide a good service and support your members answering enquiries and dealing with any problems).

I'll also be happy to discuss organising other events such as bar nights, comedy nights at The Lescar, meals out, weekends away etc. PM me if you'd like to know more.

Cheers,

Ken

PS However you do it, good luck! Be persistent - "Action is the key to all success"

ken- how many willbe there tomorrow??

and have we got 2 courts booked??

Ken - I have not played for a few years - but used to play regularly, to a social standard. I can not make it tonight but would love to come next Wednesday, if there is a space of course. Colin.

Hi Colin,

Will be good to have you along, feel free to just turn up and you will get a game. The only thing to remember is that I'm saying yes to everyone at the moment, but not everyone turns up. 16 people were due to come along tonight, but only 9 did. (I guess tonights downpour put a few off).

If 16 people do turn up one week then there'll be 8 on court at any one time and 8 waiting to play. I reckon the ideal ratio is 8 on 4 off so that you're not waiting too long for your next game and you also get a chance to have a chat between games ...

hey, I see you registered and booked to play at http://www.SpurIntoAction.co.uk, so you're in pole position.

I've put the idea of pre-booking to others tonight. Not everyone can, as not everyone is online. For those that are online, give it a go and let me know if you have any problems.

Hope you had a good game tonight Scott, Vince nearly persuaded me you were Alex! How did Rachel get on? Anna was glad to have another girl along. Hope she enjoyed it and will give it another try.

Craig - me 'n' Vince will get the better of you 'n' Anna one day! I thought we were in with a chance when we went 4 up ... maybe we'll have to learn back and front play rather than side to side? Will certainly have to learn a better response to that serve of yours!

Anyway, good to see everyone again, hope to see you next week!

Cheers,

Ken

Yeah she really enjoyed it, she isn't used to playing it as she hasn't for a few years but she says she will get better, i had a good time cheers, bit tight this morning but i think that cos i havn't done anything since christmas!!!

See you next week.

Just wondering - are there many girls that play?! I used to play every week with group of people from work, but have moved again and no-one seems interested.

I'm not great, but very enthusiastic player! Seems silly to have a raquet sitting in back of cupboard unused...