Maternity & baby/child clothes, baby equipment - where can I get them?

Not locally, but i get a lot of ebay, and also this website http://www.hitched.co.uk on the BabyTalk forum. Lots of people selling stuff most days :)

I'm having a table top sale in high green on saturday, loads of toys, clothes and baby stuff for sale! And all the money raised goes towards my fundraising efforts (see my sig for further details!

Where are people hiding coats for us expecting moms. I spent 4 hours in Meadowhell yesterday and could not find a coat at all. Most of the shops that stock maternity wear didn't even have coats in. New Look had one but it wasn't nice at all.

After trawling every shop and feeling fat and worn out I stormed into USC (knowing nothing would fit me in there) walked upto some unsuspecting sales girl and said "Do you do clothes for fat people?" The poor girl didn't know where to put her face because she knows the answer, NO. :rant:

What is everyone else doing to keep warm this winter? There must be somewhere I can buy one???

Cheers mommies, rant over I feel better now :)

:hihi:I understand your frustration, and also know how it's fuelled by hormones, I'd do just the same.

I managed to get mine from H&M in Meadowhell, but it was right at the start of winter and you know what they are like for shifting and changing stock. It might be worth a try though - it really is the best maternity thing I bought. It's single breasted, black, in a kind of 'swing' style, so there is a belt that does up under the breast and the coat swings out from that to just past knee level. It looks far better than it sounds! In fact, after Umbongo makes their grand appearance, it'll be kept for the next maternity stretch; I've had a lot of nice comments about the style.

Failing that, online, Bloomingmarvellous/Simply Be/jojomamanbebe?

:hihi:I understand your frustration, and also know how it's fuelled by hormones, I'd do just the same.

I managed to get mine from H&M in Meadowhell, but it was right at the start of winter and you know what they are like for shifting and changing stock. It might be worth a try though - it really is the best maternity thing I bought. It's single breasted, black, in a kind of 'swing' style, so there is a belt that does up under the breast and the coat swings out from that to just past knee level. It looks far better than it sounds! In fact, after Umbongo makes their grand appearance, it'll be kept for the next maternity stretch; I've had a lot of nice comments about the style.

Failing that, online, Bloomingmarvellous/Simply Be/jojomamanbebe?

I tried H&M they didn't have ANY in?? Whats that all about :D

I want to try and avoid ordering online as I'm really tall have long arms (I'm not a chimp, honest :hihi:)and it's difficult for me to get anything that fits me properly anyway so would rather try before I buy.

could you not just buy a coat in a bigger size if you cant get a maternity one??

could you not just buy a coat in a bigger size if you cant get a maternity one??

No I tried that last night. I'm a size 14 and luckily haven't put much weight on anywhere else just got my big belly. If i go up in sizes the arms get wider, the shoulders wider etc.... I'll look like a sack of spuds :D

It's such a shame about H&M as well - the arms were a little long for me so probably would have been Ok for you. Wonder whether it's on sale at another store? I'm the same as you - all bump. I would suggest Mothercare but I am really NOT impressed by the cut of most of their stuff.

what about looking on line?? i know mamas and papas have a sale on maternity clothes at the min tops for about £3 :)

also topshop have maternity clothes :)

It's such a shame about H&M as well - the arms were a little long for me so probably would have been Ok for you. Wonder whether it's on sale at another store? I'm the same as you - all bump. I would suggest Mothercare but I am really NOT impressed by the cut of most of their stuff.

I tried Mothercare but they didn't even stock any coats

If you ever wanna lend me your coat when your not using it that would be ok Zweena :D I could pay for short leases on it :D

Well, i've gone from a size 12-14 (ish) to an 18-20 in my pregnancy. And needless to say, no I don't have a maternity coat. I've bought some on those jumpers from primark (£10?) that're long and they're keeping me going. I'm due in January so i'm trying my best to keep going for the next 8 weeks, and hoping that the weight'll shift. Have you tried primark? They did have some coats in last time I went which fitted me but just wern't my style (yellow, green ect) :) x