Maternity & baby/child clothes, baby equipment - where can I get them?

I just used a normal cot but put it beside the bed. However-if you are going to splash out on a new cot you may as well get the one that will be easiest for you. Go for it :)

It's a toys r us Lille bedside cot. Its not one of the snazzy ones - just a normal cot but one side can be stored underneath.

we've got one that we were given - i have no idea how much they cost, but it's a brio one (you know - like the wooden train sets). very nice and sturdy.

Hi - I haven't got one sorry but I think Argos do something similar to this. It is self inflating & folds really flat so is easy to pack away. I saw it this morning when I was looking for something else so am not sure of all the details. I can't remember the price but it might be a bit cheaper than Mothercare.

Hope this helps.

I'm just sorting out my little boy's old clothes, and have a pile of used but serviceable stuff - like t-shirts, trousers, shorts etc which have been washed a lot and aren't smart but do the job. I don't think they'd sell at a charity shop, and I've read that clothing banks just shred the clothes and use the rags, but it seems a waste if there are people who might be in need of basic clothing, even for spares?

Does anyone have any contacts with family support groups are anything which might be able to use my stuff?

Thanks!

does anyone know anyone or companies that make these in nice colours? I bought a lovely one for my son from a woman off ebay who made them, it was a bright red fleece with car patterns for about a tenner, but i cant find her on there anymore and the prices of others are ridiculous!

My Nephew is getting christened next weekend any ideas on a present? He is 16months I was thinking of a bottle of Port bottled on his BD?? Any other ideas?

we got my nephew a bear with a christening outfit on from build a bear workshop for his:) My sister loved it and said she thought it was special cos no one else was gonna have that idea! little oliver ended up with 2 of all his other presents!

Open a building society account in his name with a few quid in? Money box?

Or go to the Sheffield shop and get some silver or stainless steel that is actually made in Sheffield (while you still can!).

When my nephew was christened last year, we bought him a proper grownup wristwatch and a set of stacking cups! A present for now and a present for his parents to put away until he's older :love:

He got 2 moneyboxes, 2 sets of first tooth/first curl boxes, and 2 christening bibles - if that gives you ideas of what to avoid! ;)

Get him something useful - you get so much rubbish generally at christenings that you are overcome with trinkets that get hidden in the loft! Buy him shares/child bonds/money in an account that you can build on as he is growing up. When he reaches a nice age where he wants a school holiday/nintendo or even car, his aunty can then step in!!!