Family Farewell Tour '75 City Hall.

Or was it 74?

I was 17 back then living in Bakewell and went with my mates Steve Lewis and Gary Giles I think. We sat balcony left side.

I still remember this as the best gig/band I have ever seen and I've seen a few including; The Clash in 77, Floyd, Stones, Springsteen etc etc.

Can anyone else remember Roger Chapman climbing the lighting rig at the back mid-song?

Burlesque, Top of the Hill, In My Own Time, Sweet Desiree (remember that one!?) etc etc. A pure musical feast from start to finish!

They really don't make them like that any more!!!

Didn't he smash tamborines against his leg until they broke, and shout Cookies? Yes good concert.

I remember my mother used to slag Chapman off every time I played Family.........turn that nanny goat off was one of her favourites :o

I remember seeing it on the wall of the gents "Chappo's on the snort again" :D

they used to be my favourite band. Did they play at the overnighter in Buxton Pavilion, I cant remember? All I can recall about that was Edgar Broughton, Curved Air and Grondhogs....

Do you mean the one where Ginger Baker's Airforce was headlining?

I don't remember them being on, but there again things were a bit burred that night, apart from when that lovely coloured girl in Airforce displayed her ample charms. :hihi:

Did they play at the overnighter in Buxton Pavilion, I cant remember? All I can recall about that was Edgar Broughton, Curved Air and Grondhogs....

This is a great site for info on the Buxton rock festivals. :thumbsup:

This is a great site for info on the Buxton rock festivals. :thumbsup:

Thanks Fred :thumbsup:

Unfortunately i never saw Family but i did see Streetwalkers.

What a frontman Roger Chapman was!! Can't remember how many tambourines he broke,he was whacking the mike stand so hard,he ended up breaking that as well and then throwing the tambourines into the audience.

Happy Days!

By the way ive just been reading about Streetwalkers on Wikipedia and it says that Nicko McBrain was a former member,does anyone know if he was the drummer for them at the show i saw in the 70's?

I'm sure he wasn't with family. I missed the streetwalkers unfortunately, but I have to say it sounds like an alias to me !?