Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

Can anyone tell me of any good deals on oak laminate flooring around Sheffield at the moment? is there such a think as real oak as a thin laminate?

Try LM Hill carpets on middlewood road

is there such a think as real oak as a thin laminate?

Is 'Engineered Wood' floor what you're thinking of?

hi engineered floor has 3mm to 5mm real oak on top of it ta jeff

Need an honest and reasonable Joiner to fix laminate floor in conservatory whicj is going down. it is to assess whether to lay another floor.

Myself and my partner are going to attempt fitting our laminate after getting some quotes if goes wrong at start we will be getting someone to come and fit.

I have read lots of things / watched youtube videos, and getting help off a family member who has fitted some before. However I am unsure about the expansion gap and putting in cork expansion strips or not. (Some places say yes some say no). We have no skirts on yet so will need skirts adding after floor laid.

Should be lay the floor, add cork expansion and then put on the skirts?

Any tips be great!

Thanks

Lay the floor, leave a 10mm expansion gap then fit the skirting on top, forget about the cork strips :)

Edited by joiner andy

Fitting laminate is easy... Like a jigsaw for adults. As long as you leave a minimum 8mm expansion gap all the way around you should be fine.

For a D.I.Yer I wouldn't bother taking the skirting board off and putting over the gap because this creates allot of work (if you haven't had much joinery experience you might struggle taking it off and getting it back on in one piece)

Although any joiner would do it the skirting board way.

If you don't do it like Andy said I would use the Scotia mouldings.

The only other thing is to get it going under the Architrave properly, Simply lay a piece of laminate upside down on top of the underlay to use as a marker and cut with a saw.

hope this helps, Good luck

Its easier to lay and a better job if there are no skirts on, you said in your post that there isn't. Have you also got some of the foam underlay to put down as it will prevent the floor being "noisy" when walked on.

Woops didn't see about the shirt already been off.

In that case straight on top with the skirt's