Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

I am thinking of putting down a laminate floor in my living room. Can anybody give me some advice of what quality to buy and any pit falls to avoid. Thank you.

I am thinking of putting down a laminate floor in my living room. Can anybody give me some advice of what quality to buy and any pit falls to avoid. Thank you.

Yes dont bother its had its day . Once you put it down you stop access to pipe work and electrical cables under floor boards . Tades mens night mare.

Consider vinyl...yes Vinyl. I can imagine what you're thinking but vinyl is as good a floor as laminate, if not better. You'd be surprised at the quality and styles you can get nowadays and is a lot easier to install, no gaps after expansion, easier to clean

If it a decent quality one your looking for,check out Quicksteps range.They can be a bit pricey,but well worth it in the long run.I just got a huge discount from b an q with their end of range sale.

Also a doddle to fit.

Consider vinyl...yes Vinyl. I can imagine what you're thinking but vinyl is as good a floor as laminate, if not better. You'd be surprised at the quality and styles you can get nowadays and is a lot easier to install, no gaps after expansion, easier to clean

Vinyl in the living room?,really?.

Vinyl in the living room?,really?.

Anything is better than laminate. My mates a carpet fitter says he takes more up than he puts down . Horrible stuff. Would walk away if i was buying a house and that stuff was on the floors cheap tack as my wife calls it:hihi:

Try 'Mintons' off Abbeydale Road, opposite Virgin gym

Anything is better than laminate. My mates a carpet fitter says he takes more up than he puts down . Horrible stuff. Would walk away if i was buying a house and that stuff was on the floors cheap tack as my wife calls it:hihi:

Then you havn't seen quality laminate then.

Also you will probably find your mates a bit biased considering he's a carpet fitter.Go find a laminate fitter and ask him on his views of carpets.

I wouldn't touch carpet with a barge pole(in the living room anyway).Anyone who has ever taken a carpet up,knows just how filthy carpets are.

Are you nuts! Your suggesting Vinyl looks less tacky than laminate?

i've tried various flooring, solid wood, engineered wood and laminate. Unless your prepared to spend mega money i'd suggest going for a top end laminate such as Quicksteps range. We have it down in our living room and hall for 3 years and still looks in new condition. Its very hardwaring and looks better than most of the solid wood stuff. You'll pay £25-£30 per pack online or £35-£40 in the shops.

:hihi:

Are you nuts! Your suggesting Vinyl looks less tacky than laminate?

i've tried various flooring, solid wood, engineered wood and laminate. Unless your prepared to spend mega money i'd suggest going for a top end laminate such as Quicksteps range. We have it down in our living room and hall for 3 years and still looks in new condition. Its very hardwaring and looks better than most of the solid wood stuff. You'll pay £25-£30 per pack online or £35-£40 in the shops.

I did not say that i would have neither . And its you who is nuts as pipes run all over under the floor boards in the hall . Hope you havnt got a combi boiler were pipes are under constant pressure :hihi: