Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

hi you can reuse laminate flooring just not the water damaged laminate just check other flooring to see its not got damaged ta jeff

We are replacing a large amount of grey click laminate flooring which has been water damaged in one small area.

Can this be taken up and re-used?

How does the "click" come apart without breaking.

Hi,

Theoretically laminate flooring can be re-laid having previously been taken up - as long as it isn't the old tongue & grove laminate where the joints would have been glued. Most laminate in the last 10-years is the click-joint type and dependent on quality it should go back down ok. You just need to make sure you are very careful in how you take it up - so that the joints don't get damaged.

If it doesn't work out for you we have some very good offers on laminate flooring at Barkers Flooring & Bedroom Centre, 39 Burton Street, S6 2HH.

Thanks

Neil

I took some up and re laid for my customer it's not ideal but if your careful when lifting it should go back down ok. There are a lot of offers on new stuff at various suppliers at te minute

where is the cheapest laminate flooring in sheffield?

hi b and q or wickes i would think try goggle it ta jeff

tnx jeff, ive looked at a few online, wickes is cheapest so far, how much do u charge to fit it? dawn x

hi wickes do a beech one for about 3.99 sqm fantastic value and good to fit

I search for the beading for laminate floor and results say window beading. Is this the same?

Probably not - I would think that window beading is just plain wood quadrant rather than the beading for your laminate which would be colour /finish co-ordinated for the boards

Think its called scotia, would ask hubby but he is not here.