Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

the woodfloor centre at darnall behind th mcdonalds as the best selection of real wood en laminate floors around.All at realy good prices and in stock to take away!!

Avoid WWF (Wholesale Wooden Floors).

They will not allow you to take back any surplus even when the packs are sealed. They quote chapter and verse the Sales of Goods Act even though stores such as Wickes, B+Q, Homebase will always refund on surplus purchases.

If you eventually speak to the area manager and argue the case they will accept returns, subject to a 25% restocking fee! Apprently the 25% charge is a goodwill gesture and not the daylight robbery it would appear to be.

Legally he's completely correct - there's no legal obligation to refund anything unless its faulty or not fit for purpose - whether its a good commercial move is obviously another matter...

Hi there!! I want to replace my carpet flooring with laminate one. Where can I find a reliable store in the Sheffield Area?

Hi we have fitted many laminate floors before and would say that the best place is floors2go may be abit more expensive but good quality do not use b and q there flooring is rubbish

Barkers furniture store in hillsboro have some brilliant top quality gear

i used riverdale before but the barkers stuff i used last month was the same price and a lot better quality-really impressed !

We found Wickes to be quite good for the price :)

Thumbs up for Wickes here too, we have fitted laminate this weekend and they were really helpful and price was good.

hi floors to go are good and wickes not bad just don,t buy basic range , if you need a quote i be happy to do one ta jeff

Yep floors2go - well impressed! Got packs today at £5.98 that cover just over 3 metres. Thats my sons bedroom sorted for £18 :D Ive got b+q's laminate (£12.99 a pack for 2.3sqm) in my bedroom and its great too.

I'd recommend Wickes as well

Have a look at the Quickstep range. More expensive than the usual laminate from B&Q but the finish looks so much better.

We've just had the 'Largo' put downstairs and it looks just like real oak planks, think its around £22 per metre.

Hi,thank you guys for your suggestions.

I have explored the internet and many of the sites suggest floors2go. Wicks also do flooring? Good to know, I will try them as well.

And what about buying online?