Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

The cork will compress - use spacers first until the floor is laid then infill with the cork when completed.

Hi all,

I am planning to lay laminating flooring to my house. Currently the house is completely empty. People say its a DIY job but I would like to get it done by a professional joiner.

Can anyone recommend me a reasonably priced joiner please. I am in S10 /Crosspool. (need to lay 3 B/R + 2 reception rooms + entrance area)

I will provide all the materials. (i.e. planks+underlay)

Thanks in advance,

Hi all,

I am planning to lay laminating flooring to my house. Currently the house is completely empty. People say its a DIY job but I would like to get it done by a professional joiner.

Can anyone recommend me a reasonably priced joiner please. I am in S10 /Crosspool. (need to lay 3 B/R + 2 reception rooms + entrance area)

I will provide all the materials. (i.e. planks+underlay)

Thanks in advance,

All i will say is avoid doors and floors galore to the ends of the earth

All i will say is avoid doors and floors galore to the ends of the earth

why do you say that? i there something i should be aware of?

i almost got my flooring through them the other week but was given a slightly better quote online. i was actuallay planning to get a dosen internal oak doors from 'doors and floors galore' next month. are you saying i should go elsewhere, if so why?

btw - to the original poster, laying laminate flooring is fairly easy assuming its click & lock system (ie: no need for glue or nails). there are plenty of guides or videos online which demonstrate how easy it is.

http://www.quick-step.com/europe/uk/en/installation_instructions.aspx

however if you really dont fancy it most flooring suppliers offer a fitting service too. however it would be a lot cheaper to ask a friend or relative for some help.

Many thanks for all of you who replied to my post....also some of the members replied to me by PMs and thanks to them as well...I will finalise one very soon...

cheers

What's wrong with doors galore? A friend of mine had a front door fitted by them with no problems at all

avoid cheap laminate, it will bend and warp. pay a bit more and get good stuff.

remove and replace the skirting boards for a neat job.

new skirting is not expensive and looks nice.

i got my laminate from a company called flawless floors great service price brought samples to my house would recomend them 01142349555 /o7961918992

hi just pm you ta jeff would be happy to give you free advice . i,m reliable and tidy

Any body got laminate flooring for less then 3.99 sq mtr