Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

Hi there

i would be happy to come and do a quote or the work required

ive got over 10 years experience property maintenance

my number is 07858870626 please ring and leave a message and ill get back to you

or text and ill give you a call i can also be reached by email on

parkerspropertys@aol.co.uk

thanks

Mick Parker

We would be happy to provide a free quote

Sothall Building Services

Gary 07533 144116

Full refurbs,kitchens,bathrooms plumbing,plastering,tileing,joinery

upvc windows doors conservatories free quotes

email gary@barlow47.orangehome.co.uk

Regards Gary

Can anyone suggest someone who would fit me some laminated flooring

Many Thanks

I'm in the process of fitting a new kitchen and will be laying laminate floor.

I intend to lay the laminate after the units are fitted, and lay it up to the legs on the units and then fit the plinths afterwards (in case the flooring needs to come up in future due to a leak etc.) and also intend to lay flooring under the freestanding appliances so they're easy enough to slide in and out.

Due to this is it a good idea to make the kitchen units 14mm higher (6mm fibreboard underlay + 8mm laminate) than normal to make sure the plinth can be fitted afterwards without trimming, and also make sure the appliances aren't too close to the worktop above?

If I do this it will also mean the support end panels (which attach to the cabinets afterwards, they don't replace the actual side panel of the cupboard) should be the right height to simply fit after the laminate is laid, and should be the right size from laminate to worktop?

You are more or less correct in theory. In practice, it depends how level the floor is and how plumb the walls are. Rarely will an end panel just slot in with no cutting to adjust. If you can lay laminate and fit a kitchen, you'll breeze it.

Yep, so don't worry if you have to trim a plinth to get it to fit - it's not a massive pain to do.

Having to trim the plinths (and end panels) isn't what concerns me.

Given my appliances are 850mm high, my concern is that after I've fitted underlay and laminate at say 15mm that only leaves a gap of 5mm above the appliances?