Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

Anyone have any experience of this? I've been quoted nearly £800 to have it fitted in 2 rooms and a hallway. Is that a good price? Is having the underlay essential? Is it difficult to fit yourself, as the fitting is costing £300 so i I did that it would save a lot of money.

Hello

I can't tell you if that is a good price since i don't know what laminate you've been quoted for and what the size of the area is.

I would say that it is important to use underlay. Any guarantee the laminate has will be void if it's not fitted correctly and with underlay. You can get foam underlay for £1 a m2. It's not the greatest underlay but it does the job.

I charge £7 a m2 to fit laminate but can't give you a full quote without knowing the size of the rooms.

As for fitting it yourself. It all depends on how good you are with D.I.Y. I'd say square rooms are the easiest to do but it gets trickier when you have hallways and have lots of doors to cut out and run the laminate under.

Hope this helps.

Hi

obtain 3, like for like quotes and pay money at the end of a job.

ask how long they have fitted floors for and several exapplmes of work done a few years ago and couple more recentlty and then decide

thanks

It's about 32 metres square in total over 3 rooms. The flooring I was looking at costs £6.99 a square metre. It came to £489 for the flooring, underlay, beading and door bars. £300 extra for it to be fitted.

Tomorrow I will go to floors 2 go and also to Topps Tiles.

I have, only today, forked over £300 for 25 square metres worth of laminate flooring and underlay, and that's without paying someone to fit it. (I'm not sure what that's going to cost.)

The cost of your materials looks eminently reasonable. Others will have to judge the cost of your fitting.

They are charging around £9 for fitting if it's £300.

I charge £7 for fitting, beading is £2.50 a length and door bars are £5, The cheapest laminate i provide is £9.99 a m2 though. If the laminate you're getting is £6.99 a m2 then that comes to £224. I know they'll round it up to however many packs that is as pack sizes differ then that means they are charging you around £265 for the beading, underlay and door bars.

I wouldn't go to floors2go for materials. I think they are going bust as some shops have shut down. Plus they are pretty rubbish when it comes to ordering laminate if they don't have it in stock.

Edited by R.B Flooring
added some stuff

They are charging around £9 for fitting if it's £300.

I charge £7 for fitting, beading is £2.50 a length and door bars are £5, The cheapest laminate i provide is £9.99 a m2 though.

I wouldn't go to floors2go for materials. I think they are going bust as some shops have shut down. Plus they are pretty rubbish when it comes to ordering laminate if they don't have it in stock.

I would like a bar in the flat, if it's that cheap, I will order now. Thanks.

Could you please clear your PM's?:D:D

We are replacing a large amount of grey click laminate flooring which has been water damaged in one small area.

Can this be taken up and re-used?

We are replacing a large amount of grey click laminate flooring which has been water damaged in one small area.

Can this be taken up and re-used?

Don't see why not if it is not the type that is glued.