Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

Dont go to floors2go they are very overpriced...

we are looking fwd to install new laminate floorings.

can any1 provide us with a tel no of a good and resonable fitter

thank you

B&Q do not sell high quality laminate flooring, never have and never will. Most of their stuff is made by Floormaster and they are by no means one of the best manufacturers.

2 brands that are worth checking out are Quick Step and Pergo - Doors & Floors Galore on Attercliffe Road do both but Quick Step is available all over the place. They're the only 2 brands I'll recommend - fitted loads and most are naff.

Try Harrison Flooring who fitted our wooden flooring but also fits laminates.

Personally, I'd avoid the laminates and go for a solid wood floor. A bit more expensive but the difference is well worth it.

I want to put in laminate flooring in the hall and on the landing but I want to keep carpet on the stairs. (My German relatives have bare stairs and it always sounds like a herd of elephants tramping up and down) Tacking carpet down on the bottom stair is no problem, but what do you do at the top of the stairs, where the landing starts?

I have laminate all over the house, but have kept carpet on the stairs and landing because i couldnt think of how to stop carpet and start laminate at the top of the stairs. I suppose you could have carpet going up the upper part of yr last stair and have the laminate over the top of yr first step?

________

Health Shop

Edited by pinklady

I have laminate all over the house, but have kept carpet on the stairs and landing because i couldnt think of how to stop carpet and start laminate at the top of the stairs. I suppose you could have carpet going up the upper part of yr last stair and have the laminate over the top of yr first step?

Me too, it looks fine and it was bought like this, from new only a couple of months ago.

Ive got a double edged door plate with carpet into one side, and laminate from the other side. Its like an elongated H shape. I think it came from Glyn Webbs at Wadsley Bridge and makes the job look really tidy.

Cheers

Jim:thumbsup:

I'd just keep the carpet running across the landing as laminate can be slippy and I'd be afraid of flying down the stairs! Or you could run the carpet up to a suitable point, say where there is an L shape, end it with a good carpet gripper thingie (can't think what they are called, the brass things!), and then continue with laminate away from the top of the steps.

Could stair rods help too?