Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

Just got my first flat lol and am looking for Laminate flooring from a shop/store that will fit it. I know it will cost and that is fine. Thought about trying Floors 2 Go (I think it is?) on Peniston Road..

Anybody have any ideas?. Don't really want to pay someone else, would much rather buy and get the guys at the store to fit it.

Thanks.

keep away from floors to go unless you buy the EXACT amount of flooring . they dont give refunds on return boxes even if unoppened.to be fair the qaulity was fine !!

Definately keep away from Floors to Go, bought some flooring from there dire quality was splitting as I was putting it together tried to take it back...NO CHANCE. Just bought some fantastic flooring from Homebase.

Try Richard Smith from Welcarr Flooring : tel:07979862942, he knows everything there is to know and can usually supply and fit at discounted rates.

i have 12sqm in my garage ,if you need anymore i can supply that at a good price too!! its called kaindle 1 v groove.i can also fit it for you.give me a call jim 07979277795.i also have some new carpets.3m x 4m cream £30.00

hi i would be happy to come and give a free no obligation quoteation please feel free to phone anytime

iv always ad my flooring from floors 2 go and never had any problems.never tryed takin boxes bk tho.as always bought 1 box less than they say ya need and never had a prob.

Provided it's a simple room shape (no curves or strange angles) then try fitting it yourself. I've always done my own and I'm not particually practical. All you need is a special saw.

Provided it's a simple room shape (no curves or strange angles) then try fitting it yourself. I've always done my own and I'm not particually practical. All you need is a special saw.

You dont need a special saw, just a sharp one. If fitted correctley there should be no sawn edges visible anyway. If you dont remove the skirting then you will need to fit scotia edging. You will need a mitre saw or block to cut the external / internal mitres.

I prefer, when possible, to remove the skirting and replace it. It costs more, but produces a much better job, visualy.

i am going to have a go at laminate flooring soon. is there any good tips i can have to ensure i do the best possible job???. will be happy to hear all information. Is it o.k to lay in on top off old laminate flooring as it is level through to the other room. would it be better doing 3 rooms all as 1. or eisier with a cut off point at each doorway ?? Thanx

Edited by callum1990