Shenstone Road, Hillsborough

My name is Roy Haynes, My mother Jenny was married to Willis Dixon who lived In Shenstone Rd, Willis used to own the fish shop on Leppings Lane .Sadly both Jenny & Willis are Now dead. I now live in Norfolk

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 19:44 ----------

Did you Know Iris Haynes Roy Haynes Jeff Ashmore

I knew Terry Dixon.... & some of the other lads that lived in that area Lee Oxley. Kevin Chapman ,Alan Weir, Melvin Cooper ,Trevor Jeffcock... also Knew Janet Slater, Joanne Smith,Julie Burrows,Julie Wasden, Carol Harper

Hi

I'm Lee Oxley and remember all these people. Great days growing up off Leppings Lane

Sadly Gary Marshman passed away a few months ago.

Many thanks for the information what year did you live in the area.

Roy Haynes

we used to service Willis Dixons cars when i worked at Waldot Service Station on Middlewood Rd Roy Haynes.

Hello, I was sorry to hear of the death of Eileen Gunstone / Batty I was a prefect at Chaucer School with her and Beryl Ransom and others, if my memory serves me right she was also a good artist as well, I lost touch for a while and was rather surprised when we met up again after she had married Pete Batty and lived on Wadsley Lane truly a very, very, nice lady my sympathies to you and your family. It was nice to read of the old surrounding Shenstone Road people, even though I cant remember what a did yesterday a good number of the names mentioned did spring to mind due to the Chaucer School conection

Popt , did you know Martin Phelan from fielden Rd? he was an old pal of Jossman and me...

Hi. I stumbled across this old thread. I'm Martin Phelan's son. He lives up at the bottom of Hallowmoor road at Wisewood. PM me if you want his email address.