1 bedroom flat wanted

Hi There,

I'm looking for a 1 bedroom flatroom suitible for me and my partner. I'm currently living in lincolnshire and would like to move to sheffield for its better work opportunities.

I'm looking for a place where DSS/Housing Benefit method of payment is accepted.

We are both very tidy people and are non smokers with no pets

Thanks very much

well you will have a job on finding a decent place round here i would like my own flat but i would probably have to get pregnant or be a teenage mum before i can get somewhere to live thats half decent round here not trying to put you off there is some nice places in sheffield there just really difficult to find

The local paper is the Sheffield Star - I know you can order back copies online. You could contact them: http://www.thestar.co.uk/contactus.aspx and find out which day they have the most flats to let ads in, then order a copy of the appropriate day.

If you end up going to an Agent, be careful, some of them appear to be dodgy, eg: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20762&highlight=mike+jolly

If you do a search on "letting agents", you might come up with something useful.

Good Luck!

Dozy

Thanks very much for your advice. Will try that :)

Have you put your name down with the Council or Housing Associations in Sheffield? Not sure if you can do this until you're in the City. It could be quite tricky to get a private flat/house - in my experince a lot of them state no housing benefit/dss. Good luck.

Have you put your name down with the Council or Housing Associations in Sheffield? Not sure if you can do this until you're in the City. It could be quite tricky to get a private flat/house - in my experince a lot of them state no housing benefit/dss. Good luck.

Yes you can register before you move here. You can get the Council form and links to Housing Associations on http://www.sheffieldpropertyshop.org.uk

Hi

We have a 1 bedroomed flat available to let from the end of April. Its really spacious with a modern kitchen and access to a large garden. Rent is £475 per month. Pm me if you are interested

Kind Regards