Evening Stroll - 5 Weirs, Thursday 5th April

Looking ahead at this weeks weather, so far it's looking pretty pleasant :) Anyone fancy a stroll along the 5 Weirs Walk, starting at Lady's Bridge (top of the Wicker) at 6pm? It's a great way to kick off the bank holiday weekend!!

It's a nice shortish walk (1½ -2 hours at strolling pace), with good flat paths, so great for accessibility, (and ideal for newbies wanting to test the group out! )

I'm almost 99.9% certain that there will be the opportunity for a refreshment or two at the end for thirsty walkers! :clap: Anyone who just fancies the refreshments - you are of course equally welcome!

Who's joining me?!

I'm joining you!:)

Taxman's coming along,too.

I`m in too, come on Nooka go for it, I`ll pick you up from work :)

If I'm free - I'll be with you

My dog should now be OK.

(I might not when I pick up his bill!!.)

mine's a cuppa.

Lady's Bridge (The bridge of our Lady) is the oldest recorded structure in Sheffield).

I'll be there, if I can find the place :P

I'll be there, if I can find the place :P

We`re meeting on the bridge that crosses the Don on the road out of the city centre where the Wicker starts. Thats the one just below Castle Market. If you`re still not sure pm me and I`ll meet you at some place that you know!

Here is a link to the Five Weirs Walk website.

Some useful info on there, and a map as well. :thumbsup:

Hmm, sounds a good idea. If I join it might be half way - I can wait for you in the Wentworth after work! :)

However it will be like a Friday for me on that day so I may decide to go down Neepsend instead and drink my own bodyweight in ale (which is an awful lot of ale at the moment). Although I could probably do that afterwards anyway.

Hmm, sounds a good idea. If I join it might be half way - I can wait for you in the Wentworth after work! :)

However it will be like a Friday for me on that day so I may decide to go down Neepsend instead and drink my own bodyweight in ale (which is an awful lot of ale at the moment). Although I could probably do that afterwards anyway.

We might not get as far as the Wentworth, its only a short walk this before it gets dark. You might have to come a bit nearer to town to catch us.

I could walk in the opposite direction then. :)

For all those who are earning me my pension!! I hope a photo of the bridges plaque is taken.

That's a good idea Meaks... you could meet us halfway, and I'm sure you'll not be short of volunteers to join you for a small dry sherry after the walk!

Anybody... What sort of time do you think we'd get to the Wentworth (it's near the Arena).

If people can't manage the full walk, there's plenty of places along the route where we meet up with the tram and/or buses, so people can dip in and out of the walk as they like.