Sharrow Lantern Festival

Fantastic event. Took my two grandchildren, aged 5 and 2. They both loved it although the 2 year old was asleep in his buggy by the end! Great community event The cemetary looked great

I went it was awesome! too bad about the power failure after bellydancers, I went onto noodle inn and had food instead

I have had a great night tonight, way above what I was expecting.

Komal, it's a shame you didn't stick around, the band that came on after, about 20-30 minutes later, called Bison were awesome. Had everyone dancing to a bit of Ska/Reggae with a Sheffield accent!

Well done to the organisers of this event, it has been fantastic. Things like this are a great way to bring the community together, and I have to say despite the stick Sharrow gets from many of my associates, events like this and the summer Sharrow music festival show what a great community of people live in this area.

Thank you for a great night!!!

We went and had a fab time! I know what you're saying Cosywolf, we would have stayed longer but the kids were shattered and we never even got to the cemetery. It was worth waiting until the lanterns were lit up though as they looked absolutely magical.

There's one in a walled garden later in the year? That's better for kids really as it's dark earlier then.

The parade was absolutely fantastic, a great show and atmosphere.

not the greatest photos as ive just got the camera and only have the base memory 16Mb (not much) and have yet to figure out how to work it properly too. plus damed reflective jackets skew the pictures up in the dark :( but hey ho

heres the link anyhow.

What is the Sharrow lantern Festival, anyone care to explain?