Northern general hospital.

just wondering if anyone has recently used the northern general hospital was admitted in there last week for two days and i have to say the care and treatment given was a1 those lads and lasses who work in the health service really are the tops the nhs seems to be getting a lot of bad press recently but i cannot praise them enough.

i was taken just before xmas in the A an E and the staff wer so kind .They have a lot to put up with i witnessed them being verbally abused by a drunk its not right he should have been kicked out but they carried on and attended to his injury.These people arnt praised enugh i dont think.

here here rosie they should not have to put up with people like that.

I spent a couple of weeks in the Hallamshire hospital and I was very well looked after. I also had personal phone, TV and radio. I was almost sorry to leave!!!

I work at NGH but not part of the NHS. I came out of NGH today after spending 3 days on a ward & I saw a different side to the staff. Most of the staff didn't know I worked at NGH. They all went out of their way to make my stay comfortable including doing extra that they didn't need to do but did because they are such lovely people.

I will never as a worker there dismiss them but appreciate what they do.

BTW Heeley the TV, radio & phone is what I look after at NGH.

BTW Heeley the TV, radio & phone is what I look after at NGH.

The TV and phone system is a total rip off. £3.50 a day just for the TV, internet didn't work, it's 50p a minute to phone in and the first 90 seconds are used up by a money wasting message from the provider.

My son's recently been released from the NGH and I was less than impressed with the place. He went in with a broken leg and came home with a stomach bug. The ward he was on was noisy, run down and the staff didn't seem to have much of a clue what was going on with very poor communication between the various departments.

But I may be biased, I do bear a bit of a grudge against the place because my Mum died there of something she contracted while there.

The TV and phone system is a total rip off. £3.50 a day just for the TV, internet didn't work, it's 50p a minute to phone in and the first 90 seconds are used up by a money wasting message from the provider.

I agree, the NHS should pay for personal TV, Internet and phone usage!

The care inside the hospital is good, but getting a car parking space isn't.

my dad had a knee replacement there last year and was treated very well. Although he has Parkinsons and some of the staff were not sure if they should treat him any differently, one of them treated him as though he was senile which he definately is not! Sadly I have had two members of my family admited to the paliative care unit who passed away in their care. The staff are out of this world, they are so careing and nothng is too much trouble. Patients and visitors are made to feel very welcome and you can visit at any time, you were kept well informed by the staff as to how the patients were at all times!

The staff in the A & E are amazing. I took my mother in some years ago, and a drunk lashed out at a nurse, and completely knocked her out. She was on the floor and unconcious for ages. That scene stays in my mind forever.