Embrace nightclub..

whether you think leeds is better or not than sheffield really isnt relavent.

So why are you both arguing about it?:loopy:

the truth... you have proof to back this up then i take it? :suspect:

never once in my post did i put down any other surrounding town. i also think its rather hypocritical of you to complain about such things when you are doing this yourself. As far as i was aware this thread was to do with clubbing or rather a club, in sheffield (since this is the sheffield forum). it has got sod all to do with leeds, whether you think leeds is better or not than sheffield really isnt relavent.

Maybe not you, but I have had more than an eyeful of Sheffielders arrogantly putting down neighbouring towns and often describing Barnsley folks as dingles, when there's precious little to say for their own city, which itself is a 3x bigger version of Barnsley, and not a patch on Leeds.

How about looking on this thread for starters, or do a search for dingles..

Do you really need to keep moaning about Sheffield?! Why come on here to just moan about it?

hey, im new to this but have read sum ppl takin a swing at sheffield, particularly someone referrin to leeds as being far superior as it has twice the bars restaurants n clubs, all i can say is quality not quantity mate, i have been to leeds on numerous occasions and could have even gone to uni there but chose to live in sheffield for the next 5 yrs as it has a much more welcoming and exciting atmosphere. you have to remember sheffield is still an up n coming city improving week after week with new developments and refurbishments and I'm afraid to tell you that in a few years no english city will even compare x

Either that, or its going to be around for far longer than we thought.

I hope not, I hate that building with a passion.

So why are you both arguing about it?:loopy:

did u even actually read my posts before commenting? :rolleyes:

i am not arguing about which is the better city, jus merely pointing out there is no need to slag off sheffield like this. i even said the argument bout sheffield/leeds was not relavent to thread and therefore not necessary :loopy:

Maybe not you, but I have had more than an eyeful of Sheffielders arrogantly putting down neighbouring towns and often describing Barnsley folks as dingles, when there's precious little to say for their own city, which itself is a 3x bigger version of Barnsley, and not a patch on Leeds.

How about looking on this thread for starters, or do a search for dingles..

a thread from 2 years ago that still burns you up. you have issues!

Leeds is a yardstick to compare with. Now if Sheffield were like Leeds - wealth-wise at least - it would have far better bars, far better shops, and an economy which generates almost £15 billion annually. And it is no use asking folks who compare Sheffield to Leeds to live there (they might actually do it for starters) - it doesn't improve Sheffield's lot one bit, unless you're happy with mediocrity and living in the shadows of Leeds.

Here here!

By that comment i'm not jumping on the Sheffield is better than Leeds bandwaggon. I love Sheffield, i've lived here all my life and wouldn't really want to live anywhere else but is is frustrating to see Leeds in such a class above shopping, clubs, facilities etc..wise when Sheffield should be just as good if not better.

you have to remember that leeds is awash with money. people are paid better, there are more jobs for young professionals, its basically the financial centre of the north. sheffield is catching up but its basically a different kind of city.

sheffield is as well to all intents and purposes seasonal. due to the uni's

i was in embrace on friday and it looks awesome its goin to be the best club in sheff by far! I was queit amazed how good it looks in such a short time it seems a lot of thought has gone into how to make it a better club!

i was in embrace on friday and it looks awesome its goin to be the best club in sheff by far! I was queit amazed how good it looks in such a short time it seems a lot of thought has gone into how to make it a better club!

Was you working there or did you ask one of the builders to see if you could have a look around?