Easter Sunday - Rivelin Valley - 10.30 Rivelin Cafe

An Easter Sunday walk starting at Rivelin cafe at 10.30.

For those wanting a short walk (3-4 miles) we'll be headed up through the beautiful Rivelin Valley, then anyone who fancies a longer walk, we shall carry on up Wyming Brook to Lodge Moor. The total distance for the extended walk is @ 7/8 miles.

We're meeting at the cafe at Rivelin Dam for breakfast before setting off.

The walk will start at 10.30, so if anybody going for breakfast first ought to try and get there between 9.30 and 10.00.

This is a really nice walk, with Wyming Brook in particular being a spectacular climb, but also very rewarding.

It`s more than likely that when we reach Lodge Moor that we call at the Sportsman, which serves exceptionally good home-made food, including a carvery.

Any would-be walkers who have been thinking about trying a walk would be well-suited with this one. As well as the delights of the Rivelin and Wyming, there are also spectacular views from up at Lodge Moor. Not to mention 2 great eateries!

So if you have never been on a Forum walk, and fancy a lovely Spring stroll in gorgeous countryside in friendly company, then this is ideal for you.

Great idea,scubz.Wherever the group decides is where I'll walk.Monday would be preferable.:)

The walk looks ok to me, but what will the traffic be like Easter Monday, and will there be 000`s of people milling round?

I normally avoid Derbyshire like the plague at Bank Holidays for this reason. Having said all that, where isnt going to be busy?

Langsett maybe, but that would def. have to be a car job if we did that

Loxley Valley and a coffee and marshmallows in the Plough in Bradfield? It's quite a flat walk,from what I can remember.

Oh - yes.Hathersage will be packed at Easter weekend.Good thinking Batman.:thumbsup:

Loxley Valley and a coffee and marshmallows in the Plough in Bradfield? It's quite a flat walk,from what I can remember.

If you`re thinking linear walk, we need to know about bus service, or are you thinking there and back?

If you decide on Loxley Valley (or even Rivelin valley), then you can do a circular walk from Malin Bridge, and public transport would be provided by the trams which are running a Sunday service (on Easter Monday)! :D

I'm not sure about the buses... if they are running Sunday service, then they are about one an hour from Bradfield.

If Malin to Bradfield is too far for people, then there's always through the Loxley Valley up as far as the Nags Head, spot of refreshment, then walk back through the valley again, or over the common.

DAYUM! Yep- that was a linear walk,wasn't it? There and back would be too far,methinks.I was pooped after the THERE bit!

Back to the drawing board...

If we do the Carl Wark one - would we have to park in Hathersage?

I've had a looky at the bus services to/from Bradfield, and the only one I can find is the Stagecoach service 61/62.

On Bank Hols, they seem to leave from Hillsborough Interchange every 2 hours from 9.00 am, and returning from the Lower BRadfield Turning Circle every 2 hours from 12.24 , or the Old Horns at High Bradfield at 12.27.

Would love to walk but unfortunately I'm working Easter Monday but if anyone wishes to walk Easter Sunday count me in. Looking forward to meeting you all at Chatsworth:)