Did anyone go to Western Rd. school

Hi CB

Yes, I'm sure I was in Miss Exley's 4A. Maybe the year after you. Top of our class was always Clifford Alsop who lived at the vicarage on the corner of Western Road and the road where St. Timothy's was on. I also remember James Ellis passing the 11 plus to go to King Teds along with Clifford.

Geoff

http://oldedwardians.org.uk/nlc/photos/60.1(1).html

James Ellis at King Ted's - end of lower middle row.

do you remember steve platts dave butler rob mason

I have just joined the Forum. Still in touch with Phil Adams, Bob Smith, and a few more of the Bolehills lads.Still living up Crookes. Ufortunately Roy Jessop died some months ago in Loughborough I believe. Lonney.

I have just joined the Forum. Still in touch with Phil Adams, Bob Smith, and a few more of the Bolehills lads.Still living up Crookes. Ufortunately Roy Jessop died some months ago in Loughborough I believe. Lonney.

Hi Pete

I remember you well. Hope you remember me from the good old days on the Bolehills. I also remember Phil and Barry Adams, Dave Bennison - what a good player and Rob Smith playing in his winkle pickers and flash jeans.The harris's and Royden and of course Roy.

Best regards

Geoff Worth

I'll do the first one for now (Miss Bramhall's class) apologies if I can't remember!

Back Row: Gillian Oldale, Christine Smith, Pamela Cowling, Jennifer Allen, Diane Gammons, Marilyn Bowley, Susan Messenger, Wendy Wells, ? , Susan Askin,

3rd Back: C M Ellis (head), John Smith, Roger Foster, Michael Hattersley, Keith Rogers, Nicholas Wood, Granville Marshall, William Hattersley, Michael Hunter, Peter Hitchborne, Jennifer Ellison, Vivian Hall, Miss Bramhall.

2nd Front: Jennifer Pinder, Robert O'Neill, John Clayton, ? , Roger Ellison, Tony Staniforth, David Wright, Barry Adams, Peter Goodyear, Chris Greenfield, Chris Brown (lived on Cobden).

Front: Donald Buttrell, Ann Sampson, Sally Rollitt, Dorothy Holmes, Nora Beard, Linda Cook, Diane Rowbotham, ? Throstle, Susan Eccles, Julia LLoyd and Roger Oliver.

Robert O'Neill is my brother-in-law and lives in Dinnington now. Two children and one grandchild. He had two older brothers Michael and Edward. Mick lost his leg in a motorcycle accident and Eddie died about 10 years ago.

Hello Geoff, of course I remember you. In fact I think it was your bike I wreckred when I came off on the cycle track round the cookhouse. It cost me 1/6d at Ernie Holdens to have 3 spokes put back in. Hope you are keeping well. I have just taken Edgar Blagden out for ameal. He has been laid up for about 10 years now with chronic back pain. Bob Smith told me about this site. I am glad he did. Pete

Hello Geoff, of course I remember you. In fact I think it was your bike I wreckred when I came off on the cycle track round the cookhouse. It cost me 1/6d at Ernie Holdens to have 3 spokes put back in. Hope you are keeping well. I have just taken Edgar Blagden out for ameal. He has been laid up for about 10 years now with chronic back pain. Bob Smith told me about this site. I am glad he did. Pete

Hi Pete

I remember Edgar well. Please pass on my best wishes.

Talking about the cook house, do you remember when most of us youngsters were taken in by a guy who worked there. He said he was Joe Nibloe and joined in with our games of football between the cook house and the changing rooms. He turned out to be called Brian. I remember that he rated Denis Collingswood as a good player and kind of intimated that he could get him a trial at the Lane. I have mention Dave Bennison on this site before without response. Was it only me that thought he was a really good player?

Geoff

Benny was abrilliant footballer, the best I have seen on the Hills. John Morley definetely the best batsman. I could bowl a bit.

Benny was abrilliant footballer, the best I have seen on the Hills. John Morley definetely the best batsman. I could bowl a bit.

Yes you could Pete. I also remember John Morley chasing me all round the "concrete" wicket for catching him out when I normally ducked.

I went to western Road from 1960 to 1966. Names I can remember are Sandra Cargill, Elaine Adams and Christine Carlton. I lived on Cobden View and went to King Ecgberts after the 11 plus. I remember the gales (was it 1963) and walking through the back of the garden of the Cobden View hotel and having to climb over the fallen trees.

I went to western Road from 1960 to 1966. Names I can remember are Sandra Cargill, Elaine Adams and Christine Carlton. I lived on Cobden View and went to King Ecgberts after the 11 plus. I remember the gales (was it 1963) and walking through the back of the garden of the Cobden View hotel and having to climb over the fallen trees.

I had just left Western Road Junior School in 1960. I did also live on Cobden View at number 43 up until maybe 1963.

HI

I have just found this site, don't know if anybody remembers me at Western Road 1952/58 Granville Marshall (Grannie) lived opposite the school.