Did anyone go to Western Rd. school

I was at Western Road school in the late 50' / early 60's.

The formidable Miss Green - at least she looked formidable to five- and six-year olds - was headmistress of the infants school and the less formidable Miss Ellis was headmistress of the juniors.

I was taught in the juniors by Miss Ambler and Mr Bellamy.

But I don't recall the names of any of the infant class teachers of the time.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

i remember iss.hobson who was a junior teacher she had grey hair always in a bun..very strict and scary

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 12:32 ----------

I was at Western Road School from 1952 to1963 and wonder does anyone remember anyone who was in my class, there was Elsie Seedhouse, Barbara Chambers, Ann Higginbottom, Barry Hides, the twins Kathryn and Phylis McGovern and Ann Simpson ?

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 12:33 ----------

I was at Western Road School from 1952 to1963 and wonder does anyone remember anyone who was in my class, there was Elsie Seedhouse, Barbara Chambers, Ann Higginbottom, Barry Hides, the twins Kathryn and Phylis McGovern and Ann Simpson ?

• Thanks 1

Hi Val'

Blast from the past! We were in the same class. I am John Preston. I remember well the teachers and fellow classmates you have mentioned and many more like the Harrison twins, (Rosemary and Norma,) Gloria Morrison, Julian Oates, Leslie Roddis, Lawrence Walker, (sadly, no longer with us), the Kirby twins, (Edward and Paul,) and Colin Barnsley just to mention a few.

So, you are in 'Sharm-el-Sheikh'. Not exactly a 'hop and skip' away! Hope life has been good for you over the years. I am Married (forty years) and we have two daughters and two grandchildren. Still living in Sheffield, (Hallam Grange) It is amazing just how many friends and acquaintances from the distant past that you find on this forum.

Good to hear from you.

John.

i was at western rd jnr from '59 to '63. my grans house was right next door to the school on the corner of mona avenue. does anyone know any of the " PRICE " family from that address ?

yes I knew them all Mavis, Roland ,Lisa, Alex and their mum and dad and their gran

Hi re weston road school I have a very good friend who was at this sch 1924 see post 123 12/6/09 up to now i have had no response can any one help to make this elderley WESTON ROAD SCHOLAR happy does the school still keep old records ?

Itwas her 90 th birthday last saturday if any one is still around i know it would be iceing on the cake for her

thank you

. I went to Western road school 1926 to 1933 the on to the Junior Tech on Leopoldo St. What was her name at school?

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 11:41 ----------

Trying to find anyone of the 1920- 1935 years era, who attended this school

I am in touch with a lady of 92 yrs and would like to put her in touch with anyone who knew her or her brother , Dorothy and Les Milnes , lived on Heavygate road,

Father worked at Bassetts in cashers office up to 1946, Dorothy worked at J G Graves on Weston Bank in there offices till she married in 1946.

My name is John Judge and I lived at 308 Springvale road sorry I don't remember Dorothy.

John Judge Dorothy also had 2 brothers Les born 1917 Stan Born 1915 she thinks that you might remember Les looking at age area

hello muscroft i must have been in your class my name is john collett.and remember those names.

---------- Post added 29-01-2014 at 10:42 ----------

I was there around 1962 and was in Mrs Perrys class about that time. The science teacher was called Mr Constadine or Constantine.I also went to Crosspool for a year the first year it opened.I do have a photo somewhere of the girls in my class,I guess the boys and girls were split up at third year.If anyone is interested in the photo,I could dig it out.

Hi Muscroft,Iremember all those names so I must have been in your year. dave vintin was i think younger than us,my name is john collett,and was in mr north's class in 4th year.

Once spoke to John Constantine who said that he went to Weston road for a short time before I met him at Myers Grove in 1961.

i was at western rd jnr from '59 to '63. my grans house was right next door to the school on the corner of mona avenue. does anyone know any of the " PRICE " family from that address ?

I went to Weston Rd School between 1935 to 1941 and the girl who lived there I think was called Cook who was sometimes late for school. Is that the name of the previous people who lived there or the same family

I went to Western road school in the 70's ..its now known has Westways :)

My daughter attends it now but will be moving up to King Edwards in September :D

I was at Westways in the mid 70s. Loved Mr Hughes, Mr Hurt. Miss Ambler was still there and Miss Marshall (music). Mr Holden liked to use his canvas slipper. Miss Scott was ok.

Had Mrs Wheeler in my 1st year in infants, then Miss Pursehouse.

Memories :-)

My Mum went there too in the late 40s/ely 50s I believe. She told me of Mr North, who was a teacher at Kind Edward VII when I was there.

I was at Westways in the mid 70s. Loved Mr Hughes, Mr Hurt. Miss Ambler was still there and Miss Marshall (music). Mr Holden liked to use his canvas slipper. Miss Scott was ok.

Had Mrs Wheeler in my 1st year in infants, then Miss Pursehouse.

Memories :-)

My Mum went there too in the late 40s/ely 50s I believe. She told me of Mr North, who was a teacher at Kind Edward VII when I was there.

I was there in the mid 70's, remember Miss Marshall with the ginger hair, can't remember the name of my teacher although I do remember him being a large bloke with a beard and wasn't afraid to use the cane or slipper.

I was there in the mid 70's, remember Miss Marshall with the ginger hair, can't remember the name of my teacher although I do remember him being a large bloke with a beard and wasn't afraid to use the cane or slipper.

Was it Mr Henstock?

Was it Mr Henstock?

Thinking about it I think it was Mr Davenport. May be wrong but it rings a bell.