Did anyone go to Western Rd. school

Hi Pete

I remember you well. Hope you remember me from the good old days on the Bolehills. I also remember Phil and Barry Adams, Dave Bennison - what a good player and Rob Smith playing in his winkle pickers and flash jeans.The harris's and Royden and of course Roy.

Best regards

Geoff Worth

Hey Geoff,

Its old winkle pickers and flash jeans !- How you going bud- them saturday mornings were great werent they particularly when Pete and Dave were having a go at one another.

Hey Geoff,

Its old winkle pickers and flash jeans !- How you going bud- them saturday mornings were great werent they particularly when Pete and Dave were having a go at one another.

Hi Rob

Good to hear from you. I remember the shoes and jeans with great respect. I swap emails with Dave regularly and both he and Brother Pete are well as is Royden. You obviously heard about Roy Jessop which is very sad. You picked up on message between Pete Longsdale(Lonnie) and me which is good. In fact this whole Forum is great as I have made contact with many old friends and hopefully will continue to do so. Please keep an eye on the messages and stay in touch.

Geoff

Edited by geoffusa
added to

I'm a bit young for this thread, I went to Westways in the late 70s to early 80s, but I was in Mr Holden's and Mrs Marshall's classes. I remember Miss Ambler being there as well. Mr Holden retired whilst I was there, he was a decent fella, always having a fiddle in class (I mean on his violin!)

Hi Al, we must have been around Westways the same time.

Miss Ambler was one of my all time fave teachers!As I recall she was brilliant at sewing and crafts.(Also can remember her being amazingly good at completing rubiks cube,all us kids used to bring them in for her to complete!)

And was also in Mrs Marshall's class,a teacher I remember with less fondness!

does anyone remember me.my name was pat shirt and i lived in brighton terrace road.started western road school around 1940 or 1941.look forward to any old friends remembering me

i was at western road, mid 60's. then onto crosspool, was in the year that girls went to king edwards at broomhill for the first time

here's a few names i remember

margaret/lesley bottomley

mark innocent

gary atkinson

alex/roland price (use to live outside school gates on mona road)

wendy theaker

jane parkinson

julia bray

anita fearn

june holmes

coleen lingard

janet bellamy

chris/gerald haddington

micheal milner

gail lessons

john lacey

anyone remember any of them, or are you one of them

'

Hi re weston road school I have a very good friend who was at this sch 1924 see post 123 12/6/09 up to now i have had no response can any one help to make this elderley WESTON ROAD SCHOLAR happy does the school still keep old records ?

Itwas her 90 th birthday last saturday if any one is still around i know it would be iceing on the cake for her

thank you

Both my parents went to western rd in the early 50s their names are Barry Edwards and Patricia Thorpe also my father-in-law John Shelley. My husband went in the 70s Scott Shelley.

HI,poppycat. I was a mate of your dads.There is a photo of him on Carol bromehead's Friends Reunited site. Last on the right,front row.

Hi, Peterdo had a look at the photo yes its him. It was nice to see as i only have one school photo of him and a school report. Sadly dad passed away 6th june 2002. Do you remember his older brother Brian

Hi just found this site its great,i went to western rd infants and juniors left

in 53 we got a new house at Hackenthorpe,I remember Miss Green wet myself

sat in the corner of her room in the infants,We lived at 189 cobden view rd,only guys i remember are Charley Bones, Mick Ledger and Steven Jones we used the corner shop Garlicks,when i think back how young we were but thougt nothing of a bottle of water,jamsandwiches and off down Rivelin Dams and Saturday morning at the flicks,anybody remember the fair on the bolehills:love:

HI,poppycat. I was a mate of your dads.There is a photo of him on Carol bromehead's Friends Reunited site. Last on the right,front row.

Carol Broomhead "OMG" memories