What's so special about 'Park Grange Mount'?

I suppose it's everyone to their own really. I agree that £110,000 is a lot of money for the apartments on Park Grange Mount, especially as the bedrooms are quite small, but we got our reservation in there early and paid much less than that, which is why I am quite happy with the current price!!!!

The new estate at Park Grange Mount is only the beginning - there are two more estates planned, one for the Kenninghall Road area and another further down by Beeches, as well as shops and a small estate of energy efficient houses near to and built on the same idea as the new school, so real effort is being made to improve the whole area - they are not just building a single estate and hoping that will be enough. There has to be a reason, especially in this property booming age, why the Parklands development is so cheap!

I response to Lib1's comment "the run-down looking council estate just up and around the corner from the development would still worry me!" I hear that those council houses around Samuel Road are due for demolition next year to be replaced by Housing Association properties along the same lines as those on the Park Grange Mount development. Apparently one of the residents discovered this by asking to purchase hers from the council only to be told they were going to be demolished anyway!

Looks like Norfolk Park will be further improved then... :-)

Originally posted by BertieBasset

I response to Lib1's comment "the run-down looking council estate just up and around the corner from the development would still worry me!" I hear that those council houses around Samuel Road are due for demolition next year to be replaced by Housing Association properties along the same lines as those on the Park Grange Mount development. Apparently one of the residents discovered this by asking to purchase hers from the council only to be told they were going to be demolished anyway!

Looks like Norfolk Park will be further improved then... :-)

Welcome to the forum Bertie :D. Good post....VERY good user name;).

By the way, who do you support?, lol :hihi:

Thanks Vidster, I'm not an owls or blades fan, but follow Forest.....lol sorry about that! You must be pretty close to the Park Grange Mount development regarding your comments about the big fence on other threads, have u heard anything about the houses round Samuel Rd being compulsarilly repurchased and then replaced with ones a la the new Park Grange development?

Rgds

One too many any you just might turn Bertie!

I did hear that someone applied to buy their house on Samuel but were turned down because they are going to be pulled down in the next 2 years.

This is only hearsay but it only makes sense NorthBritish and Gleesons do not want older houses side by side with their shiny new development.

Just to continue my point...

Was having a look through Sheffield estate agent lettings webpages and noticed that 2 bed apartments on the Parklands development are being let at £450 per month... however, 2 bed apartments on the Park Grange Mount/ Rise development ARE ALSO being let at £450 per month!

Parklands apartment info: (Saxton Mee Residential Property Details 2283) 132 Fitzhubert Road, Manor, S2 - S2 1JG £450.00 per calendar month

Park Grange Mount/ Rise apartment info: http://www.vebra.com/home/includes/vdetails.asp?src=agent&fd=693&bd=0&db=2&cl=2160&pid=9179030

So my question still remains... WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT PARK GRANGE MOUNT/PARK GRANGE RISE???

Sorry to put a downer on this but I used to live on the brown mickley block & I wouldn't pay 1p a year to live up there now. Even if they were £1000000 mansions.

Originally posted by gezmac

Sorry to put a downer on this but I used to live on the brown mickley block & I wouldn't pay 1p a year to live up there now. Even if they were £1000000 mansions.

Used being the operative word!.

Estates change a lot in 5 years, it's a pity people's attitudes don't do the same:rolleyes:

My attitude as changed a hell of a lot since moving out of that area :clap:

i notice you don't let on where you are now....

i have lived on norfolk park for the best part of my 27 years. have never had any trouble, yes, of course that could always change, trouble happens anywhere. i would be proud to buy our two bed house now and would be happy staying here full stop. the flats had a bad reputation, it was a small area to have such a vast amount of people. i personally didn't like the flats and will be glad to see the last block go. it has changed so much for the better.:clap:

Norfolk park used to be a well established area with really nice people years ago, I suppose it's going that way again but it's surrounded by some of Sheffield's worst areas. I f I was going to spend that kind of money I'd look else where.

i admit i was surprised by the prices of the houses but i suppose its just the housing market and not really much about the areas the houses are anymore. new houses anywhere are going to be expensive. :(