What's so special about 'Park Grange Mount'?

Hmmm....gezmac. I still don't see which affluent part of our great city you live in?.

Norfolk park may have been a dive at one point but as i said in an earlier post, estates change over time and Norfolk park is changing faster than most. One of the biggest reasons for this is the demolition of the tower blocks (especially the brown one :hihi: ).

I could not see which sub standard one bedroom properties you had picked out for us because none of your links are working now?. Like your arguement, they failed!.

Every house/Duplex (except 1) sold well before they were even completed. Does that mean every single person buying one of these properties are infact wrong about the estate and you (who have not lived here for at least 4 years) are right?.

Oh s**t back up is here! I lived up there about 10 years ago, I wasn't even there a year I had to get out, to many smack heads for my liking so I was happy to see them come down. Yeah they might look the dogs but you can't move arbourthorne & manor that surround the new area, ive lived in both them areas to so i know what they are like. Someone else mentioned the parklands estate there's no difference between manor & Norfolk park through my eyes so that would have been a better deal for your mate "e-man"

So where do you live? and what ohh-so-brilliant estates do you so happen to have bordering your own fantastic estate?

Can't say to much kid:cool:

Gezmac that was 10 YEARS AGO!

What was Royal Plaza on West Street 10 years ago? (Answer: an NCP Car Park). What was West One (Answer: I don't know, but probably some post industrial wasteland).

Given your logic people wouldn't pay 170k to live in Royal Plaza "coz ten years ago it were a car park with lots of unsavory types hanging round..."

well (officially back up three) i have lived in park grange mount (as said earlier) since being knee high to a grass hopper. vidster, keep yer gob shut on the knee high thing:P .....

anyhow, i have seen it go through the changes, for a start it was nowhere near the length it is now. can i just ask gezmac.... when was the last tme you strolled around the area? or have you just swept by on a tram or in a car? i notice also you said you have lived on all, norfolk park, manor and arbourthorne, and are now somewhere else??? are you moved on regularly? sorry i had to ask! its very rare i get angst about posts yet i am protective about my area as well as my home city so i had to state my view.

the original thread of course about the prices i'm presuming, the 'whats so special to warrent the prices...' well, its a great place to live, just as good as any other in sheffield, has great views, great people and is being rebuilt as a fantastic community.

gez, sorry you didn't see the good side mate;)

Kblade it was a few month ago i was driving through cause i have family living on Arbouthorne so yeah point taken, e-man what was Royal Plaza on West Street 10 years ago? A good car park to **** in after a skin full in the forum & alsyum on the way to west st to bash a few pigs as in wendy fans! :P

Once the last tower block on Norfolk Park is gone the view from the top of that hill will be fantastic, some people will pay extra for that alone.

Children, children! Calm it! I didn't post my original message to start a war!

However, despite all the bickering, no one has provided me with an adequate answer to my question...

As Park Grange Mount/Rise and Parklands are both stylish NHBC new build developments that are intended to regenerate the equally socio-economically deprived areas of Norfolk Park and the Manor, why do the Park Grange Mount/Rise apartments cost approx £40,000 more than the Parklands apartments?

Take into account that the Park Grange Mount/Rise deevlopment is on a busy main road with heavy traffic. Also take into account that the Parklands buildings (apartments and houses) are far more aesthetically pleasing than the Park Grange Mount/Rise equivalents.

If anyone replies that the (so-called) view from the Park Grange Mount/Rise development is worth an extra £40,000... I will scream!!!

Lib1

It's all your fault Lib1 I have half of Norfolk Park ganging up on me :D but no as said before I don't see any reason why they are £40000 more.

I lived on the Manor for 18 years and i have lived on Norfolk Park for 11 years. Of the two estates i think Norfolk Park is a more pleasant place to live.

As to the £40,000 difference in price i do not know?. Maybe the stigma of once being THE worst council estate in Europe is taking it's toll to this day!.

PS.

Since when has Park Grange Road been a busy road?. Yes it has the Supertram on it but that does not make it a busy road

:confused: .

Went past the Park Grange Mount/Rise development on the tram on Monday- it was in the early evening, but it was getting quite dark. As many of the residents didn't have their curtains/blinds closed and had their lights on, everyone on the tram could see right into the living rooms and dining rooms of the apartments and houses (many of which were v. nicely decorated, by the way!) facing the road. Not sure that I would want to live with so much exposure!

Supertrams passing by every 10 mins constitutes a busy road in my book!