Sign in to follow this  

Webcam installation problems

hi peeps,

dont seem to be having much luck with computers lateltjust bought logitec quickcam messenger and tried to load it to computer

1/2 way through got message

error 1904 Module

C:/WINDOWS?SYSTEM?vatee.ax

failed to register HRESULT-2147221164

contact yoursupport personell

so I pressed ignore(also cancel or fix - fix just gives repeat of this message)and it finished loading - but when comes to use cam it tells me to plug it in when it already is.

have tried unplugging and replugging and also all three usb ports

think its the load error thats the prob but that is a wild guesse :)

any clues?

thanks

I'd advise uninstalling and following the install instructions for the cam from scratch mate.

Sometimes the instructions say Install the driver from the CD and software BEFORE connecting the camera. Some say it the other way round.

If I were you I'd completely uninstall the cam and then do a system restore (asuming you use Windows XP) afterwards to a point before you installed the whole thing.

Then follow instructions from scratch. If you're still having problems either search the web for the file which it's saying it's missing from the driver suite and try and add it to the folder OR take back the cam to where ever you got it and get another one.

DB :D

check that you have the latest drivers for your USB root hub. Then when installing the camera, leave it unplugged unless it says otherwise.

It sounds like the key wasnt properly created in the registry causing the PC not to "see" the camera.

Let me know if it still doesnt work

hi peeps

thanks for feedback

found prob

not compatable/supported on 98 se!

only me xp

Originally posted by frankieboy

hi peeps

thanks for feedback

found prob

not compatable/supported on 98 se!

only me xp

Are you sure? Check out this link:

http://www.logitech.co.uk/index.cfm/downloads/software/GB/EN,CRID=1794,contentid=6361

I have XP and the same camera on this page and mine works ok.

hi,

sorry wasn't very clear.

the cam oly works on xp and me

i have se

took it back to pc world where i bought it and they exchanged it for me

for a trust that works on se

though i haven't tried the sound on it yet (tried it once but the recipients comp crashed so havent tried it again yet - dont know if it was me or just coincidental)

Frank

It's doubtfull your PC is causing your friends machine to crash.

P.S Sometimes you can use drivers from other brands of webcams for your own if your struggling to find one.

I have a 3COM HomeConnect Camera and to this day there is no XP drivers available by 3COM. I managed to find some custom written drivers on the net that work fine though :cool: