Ineffective Police Force ?

Quote:

YES ALL OF THEM, I CAN'T THINK OF ANY HELP THEY HAVE EVER BEEN TO ME!!!!

Blimey....how many times have you called them...over 3000? Because that's how many police officers are in South Yorkshire...

Why have you had to call them so much? Are you that unlucky or that untolerant?

oh, and there's no need to write in capitals to emphasise a point that is obviously inaccurate.

THEY TOOK SOME SHOES THAT WERE IN THE PORCH! NO ONE ATTENDED, I WAS AT FAULT FOR LEAVING THEM ON SHOW!!! POLICE ARE A JOKE!

Firstly...please get someone to show you how to 'quote' another forum members posts..as you obviously are having problems with it..

So now, back to your incident.

You had some 'shoes' stolen:confused: Obviously we're looking for someone with the same shoe size are yourself, perhaps..

So what exactly did you think the police would have done if they had attended?

Perhaps draw a chalk outline of where your shoes had been and cordened off the area?

What evidence do you think could have been obtained when someone kicks in an outer door and steals a pair of shoes??

You're obviously living in TV world, where crimes are solved my spinsters and Jaguar driving detectives within the hour....

You seem to be the 'joke' here :hihi: as you're argument doesn't hold water... I'm sorry to say....:suspect:

That's an interesting angle tallpaul - is it a kind of 'too soft and fluffy' and not enough 'go get 'em' thing with some of the new recruits?

I believe it is with many, yeah.

Obviously, I wouldn't want knuckle dragging bullies with all fight and no brains...but there's a leaning nowadays to recruiting ultra political correct/human rights qualified/social experts...who want to know "'why' the burglar does what he does?" "Are the kids bored and so should we be looking at more youth clubs etc"?

All relevant questions, but one that should be dealt with by the appropriate bodies and government think tanks, not the police.

As people often say, we're not "judge, jury and executioner".. the police job should be to prevent crime, protect the public and detect crime.

When Mr and Mrs Decent dial 999 in a panic at 0400hrs when they hear someone breaking through their conservatory, they don't want a grown up Adrian Mole arriving quoting verbatum why the burglar probably came from a broken home, whilst waiting for back up to arrive. They want 'action' they want 'protecting' and they want it fast and decisive...

Just my opinion, as a tax payer in addition to being a police officer.

[edited to say]

Having just read my above post, it does read very doom and gloom..and it shouldn't really. There majority of those joining the police ARE the ones that you and I would want to have run to protect us. It's just that the number of officers who are perhaps not the first choice as a 'protector' appears to be on the increase.

There....that's a better way of putting it... :)

Simple. I'm as much the Queen of Sheba as your previous post was accurate. There isn't a snowball's that that story is true, in my opinion.

Well it's not illegal for a copper to speak to a postie, is it? Of course it's possible they could have put two and two together, and, yes, they could have overheard the conversation between you and the copper, and yes, if that were the case then the copper would have been pretty dumb, but to believe your earlier post, you'd need to be credulous to the point of stupidity.

I don't understand why you disbelieve me. Why on earth should I make up a story?

I was merely telling what happened to me as an example of why I don't have a lot of faith in the police.

I know they are only human, like the rest of us, but when they make a mistake or fail to do their job properly the fallout is worse.

Firstly...please get someone to show you how to 'quote' another forum members posts..as you obviously are having problems with it..

So now, back to your incident.

You had some 'shoes' stolen:confused: Obviously we're looking for someone with the same shoe size are yourself, perhaps..

So what exactly did you think the police would have done if they had attended?

Err, Check for fingerprints? Ask neighbours if they saw anything... You know, police stuff!

Perhaps draw a chalk outline of where your shoes had been and cordened off the area?

What evidence do you think could have been obtained when someone kicks in an outer door and steals a pair of shoes??

You're obviously living in TV world, where crimes are solved my spinsters and Jaguar driving detectives within the hour....

You seem to be the 'joke' here :hihi: as you're argument doesn't hold water... I'm sorry to say....:suspect:

You are obviously an idiot! enough said. :loopy:

Your insult is based on what? The fact that my post blew your pathetic argument out of the water? Or are you just generalising AGAIN :roll:

Oi... Pack it in with the insults! Next time you'll be on a Forum Holiday.

Oi... Pack it in with the insults! Next time you'll be on a Forum Holiday.

Ooops, will do but was provoked when i was called a Liar for no reason!

Leave it there. You're on very thin ice!

Leave it there. You're on very thin ice!

Will do, have a good day

I don't understand why you disbelieve me.

Simply because the story is unbelievable. I simply do not believe that a police officer would ask a member of the public to disturb what could be evidence of a serious attack. It smacks of utter rubbish, and the sort of stuff which is repeatedly brought up in the Torygraph, and Hate Mail.

Why on earth should I make up a story?

I was merely telling what happened to me as an example of why I don't have a lot of faith in the police.

I know they are only human, like the rest of us, but when they make a mistake or fail to do their job properly the fallout is worse.

I doubt they often make mistakes, and even then they're perceived as mistakes, when in fact they have followed the procedures to the letter of the law. It's just that the outcome isn't popular (to the public or the police) in a lot of cases.

I can't disprove your story, neither can you prove it, but I find it as believable as the Moon being made of green cheese.

CGK, wheres that figure from? all the figures I've seen put it at no more than 50/50, more like 40% on paperwork

edit: ignore me, this article answers it all :)

Forgot about this.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. The figures are completely flawed for a start.

Firstly it states that 2,400 from 143,000 are on patrol; about 1:58.

Then it states that there are 82,000 who actually patrol (accounting for senior policewo/men, telephonists, admin, SOCO, possibly even special constables), which radically alters the ratio given.

Following that, it states that 14% of their time is spent on patrol; not 14% of the workforce are on patrol, yet it then purports, inaccurately, that 2,400 are on patrol. The 14% given is simply 14% of the total workforce, not the time out working.

It also states that,

Officers only count as being "on patrol" when they are visible to the public and free to respond to incidents. Once they begin to deal with a crime or query, they cease to be included in the figures.

So clearly they're not doing any work then .......

I'm loth to agree with the Home Office, but I feel I have to here;

A spokesman said: "These calculations do not accurately reflect how many officers are engaged in front line policing at any one time.

"It is not helpful to isolate patrol policing as if it is the only type of policing that matters, or as if it is unrelated to any other policing."