Why do we hate our bodies?

Hang on a minute.... OP ..... exactly how many bodies have you got:o

Just the one but it's changed alot over the last 10 years I was huge then teeny now I'm what most people would think of as just right. I'm happy with parts of my body but really unhappy with other parts.

Did you just meet her body without the head ? ;)

The head was on when he met them.....

:hihi:

I love my body(could do with being a bit slimmer). Cant stand the Kate Moss look, would rather have the Domestic Goddess look.;)

Maybe it's just me, but I really like Kate Moss' look - I think she has the perfect body really. She really doesn't look that thin to me - obviously she's skinnier than the majority of women, but I think she carries it well, and the size she is suits her frame. She still looks healthy.

I don't think she's typical of models anymore anyway. Both her face and her body look great, which is quite an achievement.

Now some other models.... :help: And celebrities.... :help: I can hardly bear to look at some celebrities like Nicole Ritchie or Mischa Barton - they look like concentration camp victims to me. It's just wrong. It's really quite an insult to people in the world who are genuinely starving. This Size 00 thing has become a fetish it is so unhealthy.

I thought poor Louise Redknapp looked dreadful at that size - she looked so ill. And she is normally so pretty. What does it say about these women's self-esteem that they starve themselves into the 'accepted' size - and then they actually look a lot worse than they did before? And that other women are going round saying how great they look, when they obviously actually look dreadful?

Strange world.

StarSparkle

Maybe it's just me, but I really like Kate Moss' look - I think she has the perfect body really. She really doesn't look that thin to me - obviously she's skinnier than the majority of women, but I think she carries it well, and the size she is suits her frame. She still looks healthy.

I don't think she's typical of models anymore anyway. Both her face and her body look great, which is quite an achievement.

Now some other models.... :help: And celebrities.... :help: I can hardly bear to look at some celebrities like Nicole Ritchie or Mischa Barton - they look like concentration camp victims to me. It's just wrong. It's really quite an insult to people in the world who are genuinely starving. This Size 00 thing has become a fetish it is so unhealthy.

I thought poor Louise Redknapp looked dreadful at that size - she looked so ill. And she is normally so pretty. What does it say about these women's self-esteem that they starve themselves into the 'accepted' size - and then they actually look a lot worse than they did before? And that other women are going round saying how great they look, when they obviously actually look dreadful?

Strange world.

StarSparkle

Her skin doesnt always look that great on some photos.Would rather have Nigella Lawson. :thumbsup:

i am a bit overweight, and i try to Love my body, like most of you guys on here... but sometimes it's difficult.

Especially in the bedroom, if you know what i mean. As soon as it gets to point to take my clothes off infront of my man, i reach for the light switch... he says i shouldn't. What do you guys think??

Far from happy with mine... used to slim, but have piled the weight on in recent years which I've been battling to rid for a good few years now. Lots of room for improvement.

If women loved their bodies as much as I loved their bodies...

Sorry... just turned myself on.

Be right back...

Especially in the bedroom, if you know what i mean. As soon as it gets to point to take my clothes off infront of my man, i reach for the light switch... he says i shouldn't. What do you guys think??

Leave it on, and invest in some naughy night attire to cover the bits you arn't happy with.

Leave it on, and invest in some naughy night attire to cover the bits you arn't happy with.

Great, I could leave the light on and wear a trench coat:hihi:

I'm not the I am what I am type I have to understand why I'm the way I am. I find if I don't question things I get frustrated and I can't just accept things as they are untill I've covered all the angles.

I don't have a really bad problem with my body image there are some parts of my body that I love, I just wonder why we have become so obsessed with it and what made the media be able to dictate how we are suposed to look in the first place.

Ultimately, it's about selling product. People are made to feel insecure about all sorts of aspects of themselves by the advertising companies, so they can sell us their products to make us 'better'. Appearance is probably the major area of, certainly, women's lives that gets targeted by advertisers. Women's magazines are just one big advert for the advertising companies - and the publishers have the cheek to still charge for them!

Adverts drum into your head you're not good enough unless you use this cream or that cream, or you'll smell bad unless you use this deodorant - just buy this product and you will be magically transformed into this 'socially acceptable' person, instead of the 'inadequate' you are.

It's poisonous, it's insidious, and it's all around us. The answer is for people to develop better self-esteem, but that's obviously easier said than done.

StarSparkle

No matter what we've got, we always want what someone else has...

I'd love a flat stomach, but others are envious of my top heavyness :hihi: Cant win em all, I guess!