Bradfield School

Did anyone attend in this era..what have you done since you left..do you know anyone that went but is sadly no longer with us..anyone emigrated..divorced..been in prison..etc etc

Use the SF search facility - there is already a thread about ex Bradfield school pupils.

Regards

Yes was there 67-72. Oughtibridge School before that then on to Ecclesfield for 6th form.

Just been reading about teachers from school, omg - memories came flooding back!!! I was there in approx 1975 - 79. Mr Allen, art teacher, what a character, bit mad but thought he was great!! Ms Clarke, tyrant games teacher. I had wrong colour socks on n got sent back to school to change them half way through cross country-still had to do the run. It was so foggy i got lost n was left to wander around the fields of bradfield in my gym kit! Mmmm wonder what child protection would say now!!!! Ah, happy days!!!!::|

What memories ,I believe it was 1971, perhaps when I left.If only I could turn the clock back.Having said that we all could,i suppose.

I went to bradfield and left in 79. I hated every minute and was relentlessly bullied for being small and flatchested! My least favourite teacher was was mrs clarke (p.e) who was evil and vile. She loved humiliating the less able. I also have vivid memories of one male teacher who used to do the school discos. The popular girldps would queue up at the end of the disco to snog him! Omg! I cant say his name for obvious reasons! Also mrs winder who did home economics. She was a horrible cow. I loved mr smith and mr rose tho. Lovely teachers. Who remembers mrs Cahilll the dinner lady? We were horrible to her, poor woman. The dinners were ace tho. Mr bertram was my form teacher he was really strict and seemed 100 years old. I dont ever see anyone from school any more, well not since the 80s really. I was:D:D called tracey owen.

Hi Tracey. I left Bradfield school in 1976 and not a minute too soon.

I was bullied for the same reasons as you but on top of that I wore glasses, had frizzy hair and was very thin.

Mrs Winder was a very unpleasant teacher and made fun of my attempts at needlework in front of the whole class. I too remember Mrs Cahill the dinner lady - didn't she have a daughter at the school called Prudence ?

I liked Mr Best and Mr Kinder - I went on a couple of Lake District walking holidays with them.

Mr Bertram was very strict and never let us forget that he knew Donald Sutherland the actor. He seemed to enjoy the sound of his own voice and would read out the war poems we studied for English Literature whist thumping the desk in front of us making us all jump if we were nodding off ! When the end of period bell went he used to say that the bell was for the teachers information and made us unpack our bags and wait for him to dismiss us !

Mrs Barnaby taught me German - she was very sweet but didn't have much control over the class. Her classroom was on the ground floor and I remember one day someone in the classroom upstairs dangled a bra on a piece of string out of the window - it was blowing around outside Mrs Barnabys window to the absolute delight of the whole class but she ignored it and carried on trying to teach the class as though nothing was happening.!

Mr Luff was exRAF and taught Maths to the clever ones - I wasn't in his class !

Edited by Daven

Aww bless you Daven, we couldve ganged up together! Geeks against the popular kids! Hated school me. You were in my sisters year i think.